HMS CALCUTTA, Crete 1941

Nice start Simon…following along as it is always nice to see your work!
Cheers,

Very nice start, Si! She already looks like a ship!
The main parts of the kit appear to be in a good shape/fit, this looks very nice.

Looking forward to your build, as always!

Cheers
Jan

Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard.

Cheers, Si

Thanks Jan,

It looks like she will go together rather well, some very nice slide molding on the main parts.

Cheers, Si

oh wow! Seems I’ve missed another Keel Laying ceremony! :worried:

Nonetheless, caught and following with interest, mate! :blush:

Hey SI great to see you are still here and very nice start on the Calcutta also…Cheers mark

Hi Russ,

No worries mate, welcome aboard.

Cheers, Si :beers:

1 Like

Thanks Mark,

welcome aboard, should be an update over the next couple of days, the camo scheme is a bit tricky to say the least.

Cheers, Si :beers:

A bit later than planned, an update,

The deck has now been sprayed wood deck tan.

and etched doors added from the spare etched box.

The camouflage going on, this is the second attempt, the first time, the boot topping was too low.

The etch added to the funnels.

The camouflage is nearly done, including B gundeck and the maindeck superstructure. next plan is deck fittings, start at the bow and work aft.

More in the not too distant future.

Cheers, Si

10 Likes

Great progress, Si!

Paintwork looks sharp!

Cheers
Jan

Thank you Jan,

That camouflage Scheme is “fun”, I have the nice drawing of the Port side in Alan Raven’s book, all I have for the Starboard side is the rather grainy photograph on the PM book.

Got a bit further over the weekend, new photos as soon as I have the hull done.

Cheers,

si

1 Like

Coming along nicely…great job!
Cheers,

Looking very nice work Si. Will look great with the Camo completed…Cheers Mark

Looking good, Si :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Joe,

She is coming on, hoping to get closer to finishing the camo today.

Cheers,

Si

Thanks Mark,

Nearly there, a few bits on the after section of the Fo’c’s’le deck level to do, and a fair amount of tidying up.

Cheers,

Si

Thanks Russ,

I do seem to be drawn to these odd slightly geometric schemes, why I don’t know (apart from the fact they are challenging.

Cheers :beer:

1 Like

Definitely breaks up the grey monotone and makes the display shelves more interesting. It’s a problem I am finding for my modern warship fleet. They are all light grey.

Hi Rory,

Thinking about it, you certainly have a very good point, but it is also the challenge of making a good job of it.

Cheers,

Si

The camouflage on the funnels, the after funnel masked.on the stbd s

Camouflage on the hull almost done on the main hull, just a little tidying up to do, and sharpen up the after funnel.

Will update on detailing the upper deck soon.

Cheers,

Si

8 Likes