HMS CALCUTTA, Crete 1941

Hi Si,

rigging turned out really nice, as did the whole camouflage! So with your last comment it seems you’re nearly there, looking forward to your commissioning of another fine addition to your fleet!

Cheers
Jan

Hi Jan,

Not far to go. I almost have whalers done, then it is attaching them to the davits and hoisting the ensign.

HMS Colombo coming next. The early and late war fit on these was very different, I have to give Trumpy much kudos for producing such different fits.

Cheers, Si

The final push.

The whalers with etched oars and rudders added from the spares etch box.

The whalers in place, one shortcoming of the kit is nothing is provided to hang the whalers at the correct hieght.

The ensign hoisted.

When I get back to the bench, I will be laying the keel of HMS Colombo.

Cheers, Si

11 Likes

Si,

as I am real-life busy as well and only briefly checking MSW, I’ll keep it short - congratulations to your commissioning of HMS Calcutta, another beautiful addition to your fleet and a great build log!

Take care for your time “off” from MSW…for me it will be another couple of weeks before the shipyard can re-open, looking forward to seeing you back on your builds!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Congratulations on commissioning another fine addition to the Heathwood Fleet, mate! :slightly_smiling_face:

Well done and thankyou for sharing!

Will be keeping an eye out for when you start Colombo! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Si,

Time to celebrate the commissioning of your latest masterpiece! HMS Calcutta is a sweet addition to your fleet - I’m looking forward to HMS Colombo!
:clap: :smile:

1 Like

Hello Si, although I was recently a silent observer here in the shipmodelling division (needed some distraction with painting figures and building a tank and an aircraft) I watched your progress carefully. You created again an interesting and out of the mainstream ship which earns a pride place at your exhibition shelf.

I will also join the shipbuilders soon again with something big :shushing_face: :hugs: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Fantastic job as always Simon! We need a group shot of your fleet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jan,

It was an enjoyable build, and I am looking forward to laying the keel on the Colombo, likely next weekend at th earliest.

Cheers, Si

1 Like

Thanks Russ,

I have really enjoyed the build, I am pleased with the camo, and the result with minimal aftermarket.

It is a nice little kit.

The Colombo will be having her keel laid within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers, Si

1 Like

Thanks Tim,

Just back from a trip to the North, hence the delay in reply. I very nice little kit of an interesting vessel, and there is the potential to backdate her to her light cruiser fit pre war.

Cheers, Si

Thank you Thomas,

She is sat on the shelf alongside the York, as they both in the schemes that they were lost during the Battle for Crete in 1941, they do make an interesting pair.

Will be interested to see what your nest maritime project is.

Cheers. Si

Thanks Rory,

Next time I am sorting the fleet out, (One or two could do with a refit), i will get a group shot of some of them.

Cheers, Si

Another nice addition to your growing Fleet Si…Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark,

Was a very enjoyable build.

Cheers, Si