Hobby Boss Achzarit Early

Beginning of the painting stage. I applied some Prince August IDF Green all over the vehicle. Then I’ll apply the decals. The registration plates will be applied onto rectangles of plastic card to create the raised effect.
I have added the straps on the corridor roof and the area beside it.

Olivier

3 Likes

I’ve started building models December 2021. I can do like 2 hours/week.
Wondering how many years it will take me to reach this level :grin:

Details painting is done. The MGs and the RWS are not glued yet.

Olivier

5 Likes

Looking good!!!

P.S. The base color looks a bit too green to me, waiting for the weathering though

3 Likes

Very nice Olivier. Really like the cargo net and the stowage straps :+1:

1 Like

To me too. I suspect this color is intended for IAF rather than IDF subjects.

That’s the issue when you’re color blind. You must rely on the paint bottle label. Prince August call it IDF green.
What do you suggest I should add to the color to get a closer match?

Olivier

What other colors do you have from the same range?

None. I just bought this one in my LHS because I didn’t want to mix my own color again.

I still have some paint from my latest IDF build. I’ll try to spray a light coat of it.

Olivier

Try a hemp filter and a dark black filter wash and you should be ok

1 Like

I don’t really feel comfortable with filters to alter a base shade so I intend to get some IDF grey.
I have seen 2 Sinai Grey 1982 ref in the MIG range. Which would be more suitable?
Real Sinai Grey 82

IDF Sinai Grey

TIA
Olivier

When Achzarits first appeared in 1988, they were painted in the color used today, which is a slightly revised version of the color used in 1982.

I don’t know what time frame the other paint is good for, but the 1982 version seems like a slightly better match. If those were my choices, I would probably pick that. Having said that, based on the many shades of IDF color we can observe, you can’t really go wrong with neither of them.

1 Like

Mig-131 is a good base color. I would use 066 for a more recent vehicle, post 2010 timeframe.

I used Vallejo 71.023 Hemp on my Mk2 Merkava, it looked the correct colour to me.

https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/academy-merkava-mk2/3391

1 Like

Yes it does look good. I have ordered Mig 131. I will see how it turns.
Your merkava looks really nice.

Olivier

Here is the model with a new coat of paint. I used Ammo Mig 131.

Olivier

6 Likes

That is looking great Olivier, the MIG paint looks very good and the couple of little red bits break it up. Overall, another great build :+1::+1:

Thank you Johnny. I still need to make the registration plates, tone down the cables and paint the markings before the weathering can begin.

Olivier

I painted the markings using the decals as a template. The registration plates have been applied onto thin plastic card. When they are dry I’ll glue them to the vehicle. The antenna is not glued yet.

Olivier

6 Likes

Looks great!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like