Hobby shop in Prague, CZ?

Hi all,
Can someone recommend a hobby shop in Prague, Czech Republic? Preferably a good focus on 1/35 kits.
I’m taking a 10-year wedding anniversary trip there next week and wanted to pick up some kits from that region of the world: IBG, ICM, Miniart, Revell Germany, Zvezda to name a few.

From a quick Google search, Pecka - Modelář and Plastic Planet Ltd. came up but not sure how well stacked they’re.

Your help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Some years ago I visited this one on Myslikova street:

https://g.co/kgs/XGqjrkZ

I liked it a lot. Have a nice stay in Prague!

Paweł

2 Likes

Thanks, Pawel. Looking at the Google map, that location (MPM Model Shop) closed permanently unfortunately…

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Sorry to hear that - it was a nice shop. I quickly looked it up just before writing you and didn’t see that info. But knowing the Czechs I’m sure you will find at least one other nice hobby shop there!

2 Likes

Seems they remain active:
https://www.mpmshop.eu/

Looking at their address on google maps, it still shows the sign. Not sure how easy to get there, though.

1 Like

Its website is active but the particular location in the Old Town area is permanently closed:

Unfortunately, Carlos, the Google map photo is outdated.

MPM still has a location in the suburb, which is about 40 mins. away by train from the tourist area.

O, well, I’ll try my luck with the one supposedly a walking distance from the hotel I will be staying in…

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to this, but the address on their website. Google image is from 2019… as the website is active, I guess it would be easier just to write them and ask

1 Like

Nah, that location in the suburb is too far. Thanks for trying though.
Plus, I want to avoid my wife’s wrath for going out of the way to buy more crap I don’t need. :smiley:

3 Likes

It can for a “contest” or your modeling friends. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha! Those ‘excuses’ didn’t work because she knows I don’t participate in contests and I rarely sell my kits. The mitigating factor this time was for “reference material” gathering so I can use it for 3D modeling and printing = making some profits instead of just wasting $.
:smiley:

2 Likes