HobbyBoss M26 Pershing

This is the HobbyBoss Pershing done as a Marine tank during the Korean Conflict. This particular tank was credited with knocking out three North Korean T-34’s, note the three silhouettes on the front plate. The kit that I had was for a M26A1, the difference being the gun and the location of its travel lock. The M26A1 had the travel lock located atop the engine deck, the M26 has it straddling the exhaust on the rear plate. Luckily HobbyBoss included both travel locks, so I just had to source a new barrel from RB Models. Marine Pershings in Korea were loaded down with extra gear, so I added a lot of stowage. This included a plethora of MG ammo boxes. These were used to resupply accompanying ‘Mud Marines’, as well as the tank. The stowage is arranged according to photos of actual Pershings found on the web. The Tank Commander came from Def.Models, but I used a different head from Hornet.

On the left side of the turret are two brackets for an A-frame that could be attached in order to do engine changes in the field. These were included in the kit, but I had to drill holes through both, HobbyBoss missed that detail. These brackets were deleted on the M26A1.

I added the second MG mounting post in front of the commander’s cupola.

HobbyBoss neglected to include the brackets for the tow cables, an easy fix. Though lost in shadow, I also added the wire from the phone box to the rear plate.

The markings came from a sheet produced by Bison Decals. All in all it was an enjoyable build with no major pitfalls. Thanks for looking. :beer: Al

25 Likes

Nice Pershing.

Jim

2 Likes

Very nice. It looks great.

2 Likes

Looks excellent Al. Great job on the finish and especially the extra gear.
Wow they carried a ton of machine gun ammo boxes on the outsides didn’t they.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Great looking model

2 Likes

Thanks. They probably needed a lot of ammo to deal with the human wave attacks the Chinese were noted for.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciated.

1 Like

Great looking build Albert! You really nailed the look of a Marine Pershing in Korea. Bravo!
:beer:

2 Likes

Great looking Pershing Al. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful looking brute,must have put the fear of god in those T-34’s

3 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated. :beer:

1 Like

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks. More than the M24 Chaffees did, that’s for certain.

1 Like

Very nice M26. Really good finish on it, and the stowage adds to give it a really cool look… And completed with a lovely weathering…:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks very much.

1 Like

Nice catch about the A frame racket holes. Nice job on the build.

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Al good to see your work again! Excellent model! Love all the detailing and the weathering is superb!

3 Likes