Hot Out Of The Molds 2024

Group Build Title: Hot Out Of The Molds 2024

Group Build Leader(s): @SGTJKJ

Group Build Description: This is the 2024 version of the popular Hot Out of the Molds group build. It is open to all modeling genres and scales. Model must be from a kit released in 2023 or 2024. Upgrades and aftermarket allowed. Tell us about your new kit, how it looks in the box, how it goes together, how happy you are with it!

Event Details: (Remember to click “Going” if you want to join the build!)
2023-12-31T23:00:00Z2024-12-30T23:00:00Z

Completion Award: I will keep track of finishers and submit to staff for medal awarding.

This campaign is live - anybody set their sights on something yet?

Hey Jesper, yep, target already acquired :wink:

My entry will be Arma Hobby Airacobra in 1:72nd scale. Here’s proof of kit in unspoiled conditions:

2 Likes

Cool choice, Radek! Welcome onboard! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Trying to decide between a few, with two being the Das Werk Vomag with the 8.8cm or the Trumpeter Devastator.

Two very different, but awesome candidates!

I have the recently released Airfix ferret kit with four Scorpion Miniature Models update sets.

2 Likes

Sounds good! @Darktrooper :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just started today, I’m ready to paint the interior.

I’ve already replaced the hatches with the resin replacements. The main drivers hatch won’t be added till later since it will be open.

3 Likes

Hulls mostly done, this is a really fun quick build!

4 Likes

This Entry is completed!!!

7 Likes

Great build, AJ!

Congrats on finishing! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very nice! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Very seldom have I purchased a kit that is brand new. However, when ICM introduced their Ki-21, I had to get it! Mainly due to the fear of poor sales equating to them stopping production. Shelled out a bit of cash for this one, and it appears that my fears were unfounded, as the price has now dropped by USD 25. Sigh… While I was at it I also picked up a set of Dead Design masks for the extensive greenhouse canopy. Having built a few ICM kits, I’m optimistic that this one will be a lot of fun!

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 06.46.28_3d638e05 (2)

I’ll try to give this a good honest review!

Till next time, stay safe, wash your hands and have lots of fun!

4 Likes

Nice choice, John! Seems like a good investment with some masks. Very extensive glazing on this one.

Looking forward to her your thoughts on this one :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

25 USD is a steal, i noticed a Revell rebox of the 1/72 version is now for sale here in Europe for 34 Euro.

1 Like

Visited the EME 2024 at Lingen last weekend and brought my (first?) entry for this year’s HOTM campaign:

…and for airbrush training :wink:

Fuselage halves for later “Emil”

7 Likes

Here is my HOTM entry:

5 Likes

Interesting choice, at least the boxart looks really cool :grinning:
Will follow… :raising_hand_man:
Peter

I can see the finish line…

Next comes the clear coat and some weathering, before the last tiny parts and canopy.
All in all a real fun build :grinning: :raising_hand_man:

6 Likes