How did your 2023 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Shopping go?

How did your 2023 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Shopping go?

1 Like

Well, I think I am getting Andy’s Takom Tiger box and the Das Werk Vomag with 88mm gun, so that’s good.

3 Likes

I assume the question is model related, so I my answer would be - it didn’t.

But my wife did buy me a forty gun safe yesterday. I suppose given the cost of some of the kits I’ve purchased lately, I could use it to store some of them.

5 Likes

I didn’t do any store-related shopping, but I did pick up a truck kit from Fleabay and another from a friend! Other than that I got some replacement wiper blades for the car… (Exciting, I know!)

2 Likes

This sounds like a question my wife’s lawyer would ask, so I respectfully will not answer.
Thank you

5 Likes

Tamiya 1/350 IJN Mogami on Amazon for $109.00
Applied for Amazon credit card
Received $100.00 gift card

Toal price for the kit= $16.00 and change.

Pretty good deal !!! :laughing:

2 Likes

I hope to be starting mine in December,have fun and enjoy,Oldwarloke has a great build log that I bookmarked should be very helpful.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t know; stayed as far away from shopping centers as possible. Besides, family always gets gift cards for Christmas. No giessing, no fuss, no muss.

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the stories and comments.

My shopping…

Cyber-hobby.com had excellent prices on kits, Meng kits were prices very well, a 10% discount and free shipping to the USA IF one purchased $200 plus. I’m can’t pass this one up…

Meng kits were at a fabulous price, selling quickly and so picked what I wanted from stock.

1. Two of four in my cart sold out before my order processed. Tried again.

2. My two replacement picks, had both sold out before I could re-submit.

3. My two replacements for the two replacements, one sold out before the resubmitted order processed.

4. The order processed but was under $200,

5. Cyber-hobby was very kind an honored free surface shipping. Kudos to Frankie & Cyber-hobby

Edit - later received an email from Cyber-hobby asking for replacement choice for the replacement of replacement replacement. I wonder if the 4th try will be the charm

2 Likes

Never used them before may have to give them a go in the future

1 Like

I didn’t see anything that I wanted so I didn’t buy anything

2 Likes

After being told on no uncertain terms to purchase a Nintendo game as a birthday present, I purchased a Nintendo game as a birthday present.

I considered purchasing a few different things for myself from Andy’s Hobby Headquarters but they all failed the “Would you rather have something else at the same price?” test. Other than that, I did not see any decent sales, partly because I was away from the hobby a long time and no longer know where to look for deals.

1 Like