How I paint and weather s.b.s. tutorial

Yes indeed . Craft paint , lighter fluid, and allot of luck.

@Mead93 . Realisticly there is aprox. 8 or 9 hours in the paint and weather process total.

I’ll be doing shadow painting from @Armor_Buff tutorial for the base coat of my flakPanzer Ia and Churchill builds, and using these techniques to weather as both will be well worn and battle damaged! I can only hope they turn out half as good

I am sure they will turn out great. Using a combo of techniques is good .

@Mead93 . The exciting part will be seeing what you and other people do with these techniques

1 Like

Pain, where you at! Pain, where you at….

Not on my bench! :joy:

1 Like

@Tank_1812 . Ill be watching you
tenor (2)
We all need more humor.

1 Like

My DI said you can get stronger or smarter and I was a hoss when I left but also smarter. Well maybe smarter. :joy:

All that said Pain was one of the cadence songs/diddy we song on a ran. That ran through the gray matter when reading your post.

Oh wow, the end result are spectacular. Thank you so much for taking the time to do all of this for our benefits. I hope the mods will pin this thread so it will not get pushed so far behind pages and gets lost cause it’s a gold mine.

I will be keeping an eye out for your future projects as it will be a classroom time all over again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Stryker45 . Thank you very much. I never thought about pinning . That would be kinda cool.

This is an incredible post. I will be reading and rereading it for days. Thanks Chris!

Im just glad your here . Glad you got the invite . Believe me this place is addictive .

A really great tutorial. I enjoyed every minute of it!

I do wish many of your photos had been brighter to better see what was happening.

I feel your camera’s light meter must be set on “whole image averaging” rather than on “spot meter”. Whenever the camera sees too much bright white background it shuts down the lens and makes the entire picture too dark. If your camera is not adjustable then better to shoot on a tan or dark brown towel as a background. It is all about exposure range and the darker background will let the camera concentrate on the real subject (the tank) rather than all that bright white background.

Just trying to offer some photographic advice based on my work experience.

1 Like