How to build wood pallets in 1/35 scale (Plastic version)

Wiki says “HCU-6/E pallet is 88 inches (224 cm) wide, 108 inches (274 cm) long, and 2-1/4 inches (5.7 cm) high.“

1 Like

If I could suggest, if you can find bass wood, it is denser than balsa and much easier to make precise pieces from.

Balsa has a tendency to split rather than accept a straight cut, and in my opinion its denser grain looks more realistic.

1 Like

Not to mention the ubiquitous grey folding chairs!!

1 Like

I agree. :hocho::wood:

yessir.

1 Like

Yup, here’s my 3D printed versions in 1/35:

Super painful tedious work to remove the supports but once done, they’re nice.

5 Likes

Love it. Looks awesome.

Yup. I’m sitting on two of them now.:chair::chair:
:grin:

1 Like

Ahh….not for long. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

these chairs look amazing!

I’ve been meaning to get those printed for you. I know, I know it’s been taking a very long time.

I think tomorrow I’ll print out the rest of 1/48 ones for you.

1 Like

Hows about this? I haven’t tried printing it yet but I know for sure that the wood grain would be significantly softer if not completely decimated. It would have layer lines going for it so perhaps, if printed at the right angle, that could contribute to a wood grain-like texture.

1 Like

The side fork holes look funky to me.

I based it on pallets like this.
New_Pallets_grande

1 Like

The opening should go all the way to the bottom slat.

Ok I see now. Here’s the fixed version.

1 Like

Btw, I am thinking about printing some wood pallet models using FDM printer (filament) instead of the MSLA (resin) printer. That way, the print lines may simulate the wood grain pattern instead of flat, smooth surface. Let’s see how they look after some experiment.

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Interesting idea, look forward to seeing your results.

I would think the filament lines would be too straight on there own but when you roughen it up for more texture the lines would blend in and not be an issue.

The variety in pallet design for wooden paltets is amazing. Those pallets with scalloped sides seem like a lot of effort. In Australia we have simple ones with a deck, 3 beams and stiffening boards on the bottom:

3 Likes

That’s a nice simple design, as you probably know/guess the scalloped sides gives you more options for moving and loading.

1 Like