Hungarian Leopard 2 camo scheme query

Any ideas or steers on what these colours might be?

From my Mk. 1 eyeball I would say, speaking Tamiya colo(u)rs, I would say:
Base XF-26 Deep Green
Brown XF-52 Flat Earth
Tan XF-55 Deck Tan
Grey XF-62 German Grey

2 Likes

Thank you very much Hermann.

Paul, we had this discussion about a year ago during the Leopard 2 Campaign, when Hungary got their first Leo 2A4. Our hungarian friend Tamas had posted a side where all the colour codes are mentioned. It’s all in hungarian, so if you need help, please contact Tamas.
Közkívánatra! – MH 25. Klapka György Lövészdandár (tataidandar.hu)

1 Like

Translation:

1. Base color (40-50%) - NATO Green (RAL6031)
  2. Secondary color (20-25%) - Brown-Grey (RAL7013)
  3. First complementary color (5-10%) - Anthracite-Grey (RAL7013)
  4. Second complementary color (5-10%) - Beige (RAL1001)

Attention! Each Hungarian Leopard has an individual scheme!

3 Likes

Torsten, RR, thank you both very much for this. Very helpful.

Has Hungary made any changes to the tank?
Thanks

Hi Dan, I couldn’t be sure but nothing I’ve been able to find so far suggests they have. But just watch, I’ll probably be proven very wrong before the day ends :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you, the MGs are still german?

So after a bit of reading, it looks like Hungary will get the A7+ version in 2023.
The same as this Meng kit?

Hungary is leasing 12 A4s for training; these all have been delivered by December last year. Based on the official designation of these tanks (A4HU), I would say they most likely have been slightly modified to meet Hungarian requirements.

44 brand new A7+s will join them starting from 2023.

1 Like

Not the exact same but I’m not sure what the variations are. The Meng kit is a demonsrltarator version so there are differences Michael Shackleton might be the man to ask on this.

Yes, after doing a bit of reading it does seem that it will be slightly different.
I also noticed that the A4 has a US style M240 MG in the loaders position.

Told ya it wouldn’t take long😜

Does anyone know of the quality of these decals?

1 Like

These are new to me. Might invest myself if they’re up to it.

Detailed walkaround of the Hungarian Leopard 2A4 here:
http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/leo2a4hu/leo2a4.htm

1 Like

You can also buy directly, I know the owner, he is actually designing these and printing is done by another company. I have not used their products yet but it should be OK.

Cheers,

Adam

1 Like

Also this is partially the same as the gallery linked earlier but with more photos:

http://mhrfweb.makett.org/MHRFWEB/?page_id=539&vt=1&wppa-album=538&wppa-cover=0&wppa-occur=1

Also the HDF’s FB page has nice photos an videos from time to time.

1 Like

Thanks-I ordered a set from HLJ and am looking forward to this build.
It looks like the tank is not using the German MG-do you happen to know what the Hungarians are calling the MG they are using? In the US Army it is the M240.
Thanks