Hürtgen Forest 1944 - Vignette

My most ambitious model to date, as I’ve mostly done single figures before this. And it was my first AFV as an adult! - context, I’m in my 50s :rofl:
Tamiya Willys Jeep with simple details added from stretched sprue, a homemade windshield cover, DEF wheels. MU Miniatures rifle slings.
Figures are Alpine.
Home made log.

I’ve loads of in progress photos but this is just the finished piece.

32 Likes

I really like it. Your figures are great & there are lots of little details.

Jim

1 Like

Very nicely done. The more I see people working these Alpine figures they look to be the obvious choice for putting along side vehicles as say tank commanders as their detail jumps out.

1 Like

Very nice! Perfect weathering and over-all presentation!

—mike

1 Like

Very nice all around ! Nice tonal & color variation in the clothing & canvas stuff - all the work is nicely in balance . Impressive and I hope you will share more with us .

1 Like

Amazing work! I can only dream of doing figures that well.

1 Like

Nicely done. The base is very nice also
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Outstanding work again Rob! Great job on the figures , Jeep and ground work. I also love the way you have the soldiers attention directed towards the same spot. Excellent all around!

1 Like

Rob
Simple and effective, excellent work, congratulations!
Omar

1 Like

Yep everything they’ve said, I think the key is by focusing those guys’ attention on a single unseen point, it just draws the viewer right in. You know what’s coming next, show us what they’re looking at! Excellent work, bravo :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Looks great man! Nice painting.
J

1 Like

More great work Rob! I must say I think you have a great eye for small detail work. In all of your figures the equipment is so well painted- like the e-tool carriers, the Garand clips, the rifles themselves and their slings- even the helmet netting. This eye for detail shows through in the well used and dirty uniforms, not to mention the great details on the jeep.

2 Likes

Very , very cool . I like the tonal variations in the uniforms , excellent !!

1 Like

Well done! Thanks for sharing. Your detail work is exquisite

Very nice. Gotta love those Alpine figures. A great little scene, too. Well staged. Now you can take in a larger diorama…

1 Like

Great scene! Really makes you wonder what they are looking at…

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like

So where’s the Hurtgen Forest?? :grin: :grin:
:smiley:

1 Like

The mud and splashes, especially on the rear are outstanding and are really my favorite aspect of the scene. Everything else is very well done but for some reason that mud on the rear really caught my attention. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Excellent little group, wish I could paint figures that well, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like