I like my Tamiya paints stirred not shaken

I always heard JB-007 say shaken not stirred. Personally, I tried both ways and I could not tell the difference. As for paints, I shake, stir and even dropped them in my sonic cleaner. I have a cheap electric paint shaker, plus various paint stirrers like Tamiya including a mechanical paint stirrer I think from Trumpeter.

Update. Forgot the link
trumpeter paint mixer - Google Search

And to go with the topic there is this
Amazon.com : Shaken Not Stirred Tattoo Ink Shaker Hobby Paint Mixer PMU Permanent Makeup Pigment Nail Polish Gel Lacquer Microblading Varnish Bottle Shaking Machine : Beauty & Personal Care
Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

Cement spatula. Lots of used dental stuff on eBay. If you buy it new and it’s labeled as dental you will get hosed.

1 Like

I found this box of what appear to be dental tools on a train I was working about 8 years ago. Some of the tools say made in Pakistan on them, some Germany. They are much shorter than some of the tools my dentist uses.

2 Likes

I’m such a dope- it says right on the cover “VIP nail kit”. Didn’t even notice it!

3 Likes

I’ve got a few of those pictured bought as dental tools. I guess they can be used for various purposes.
The designers probably steal ideas from each other. The makers nationality stamp is consistent with dental tools as well. I wanted a temporary crown remover forceps. The ones in the dental catalog were well over $150. Instead I got them on Amazon for $15. Exact clone. China, no doubt.
Congrats! They look useful and sturdy.

My first thought…

My second thought was remembering years ago, when I went to a client’s business. He wholesaled various tools. He had a worker whose sole job was to test Chinese manufactured tools. On one side of this guy was a cardboard box in which nail punches were placed when they passed the first ‘bang’ test. On his other side was a very much larger wooden crate where the bent punches were tossed when they failed the test…

1 Like

I considered that and was prepared to receive a poorly made pice of junk that rusted after the first cycle in the autoclave. Years later it still works the same and looks new. It was a non-precision item so I took a chance.
But I would not stray from proven brands for my high speed handpiece or other critical items.

1 Like

Buy a vortex mixer and you will never stir or shake again and it will change the way you paint. Cheers.

1 Like