IBG Panzerkampfwagen TKS (p)

Both are looking outstanding Ezra!

1 Like

So spray the insides of that hatches Panzer grey and any chipping would go down to the sand original color?

I think that is likely and also whatever the Polish primer color is if they had such a color is possible from the hatch being closed roughly, however I would go lightly with any chipping, as the time frame of usage is limited before the vehicle was out of service. Less is more, especially with depicting an operational vehicle. If your project is a find 20 yrs later, different story.

3 Likes

Excellent work Ezra!

1 Like

Alrighty, I finally buttoned up the entire tank! I ran into some fit issues but nothing some brute force and Mr. Surfacer couldnt fix.

Time to mask everything up and spray the Panzer gray!

3 Likes

And poof suddenly its nearly done!
Im just waiting for some PE hatches but its pretty much done apart from adding mud and rusting the exhaust.

I really enjoyed painting it and adding all the color modulation. (sadly you cant see it very well in the photos)
I HATED doing the indy link tracks but now that they are done they look quite good. Any small imperfections will be filled with snow like in my reference pictures.

As you can see I stuck by my original idea and applied really light weathering, theres almost no chipping and no rust.

And I bought this stand for it. It will be finished up as a snowy strip on the side of a Luftwaffe airbase.

Thats all I got for now!
Comments?

5 Likes

Very cool Ezra! Excellent weathering. Great job on the tracks. I have this kit and they are like gluing grains of rice together. The interior is awesome.

1 Like

Looks great. Very nice paint finish.
Did you use the kit supplied track jig?

1 Like

Looks really good, I like this model.
I folow your job.
Regards, Omar

1 Like

You need to print your self some 1/100 scale ones, paint them yellow or something and set this up like a momma and her babies!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

@phantom_phanatic The kit didnt include one, maybe its in another boxing of the model?

You need to print your self some 1/100 scale ones, paint them yellow or something and set this up like a momma and her babies!

Yes…

After looking at the one pic I found of this particular TKS I replaced the kits Hotchkiss with a Mg-34.
(I dont know 100% what it is but the pics grainy so you cant prove me wrong :innocent:)

That Pz.i Bison in the back is for the Micro Machines campaign.

2 Likes

You did well with the tracks.
I have the Polish version with the 20mm and I’m fairly certain it came with a jig. Essentially a piece of plastic shaped like the entire track run they suggest gluing the links around. But now I’m wondering if I’m thinking of something else?
Will have to dig it out to check because that’s going to bug me!

1 Like

Thanks Stephan!

Merry late Christmas everyone!

I had taken a break from this kit as the hatches needed to all be scratchbuilt as the kit ones were WAY to thick. Im also playing with the idea of adding a figure, he is a mix of Dragon and Mastorbox. He had to be reallyyyy cut down to fit right. I also replaced the MG-34 with one from Dragon.

The hatches were made from copper sheeting and the one with the vents was from Aber and a real PITA to build. Hopefully I can get it looking better.
Right now they only have paint and some streaking grime on them.

I also started the ground work; its a base of popcorn spackle with fine dirt sprinkles on it once nearly dry, then I pressed the tracks into it making the prints followed by static grass. (Sadly most of it will be covered in snow.

If I dont mess up I think this will turn out pretty good!

6 Likes

Admittedly I’m not a bog fan of tankettes, I like them big and burly but work this will make a convert of me!! Truly awesome details on this dinky subject!!

ASig00

1 Like

Darn, you don’t enter these vehicles, you don them!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Going well.
The figure really does show how small this vehicle was!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I made a start on the mud effects! This is probably my last update till maybe a week into January as I will be in the Caribbean.

Happy new year everyone!

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates on all fronts on my part, I just got back and had reallyyyyy sketchy internet the whole time.
Here are some pics from the cruise. We went on the Norwegian Joy.

(Im ofc in the slick AC/DC hoodie)

Anyways back to your regular programing soon!!!

4 Likes

Well guys its been awhile since my last post! Ive done my normal thing and got sidetracked with another build(s) :sweat_smile:

Well I managed to make a bit of progress. I think the weathering on the tanks pretty much done but we will see once the figure is painted. I also finished the ground work. (I hate snow now… :unamused:)

I also made a new figure as the original one had some faults and I didnt like his pose. I converted this guy outta various Dragon and Masterbox figs.

Whatcha guys think?

4 Likes

Very nice, especially the interior details!:+1:

1 Like