ICM (35414) V3000S/SS M Maultier Ambulance w/Shelter

@ Canmedic. Danke! You have “pumped me up!” :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, and that would be “Drunkelgelb.” :laughing:

2 Likes

Hood / Bonnet Hinges continued…

Part 1: Evergreen Styrene No. 106 (0.010mm) cut down to 1mm strips, then overlapped and glued.

Part 2: Flipped, trimmed, shimmed, and boxed-out mechanism.

Reference image.

Hood Hinge Mechanism (original)

Stuff is currently drying. Tune in tomorrow for Hood / bonnet Part 3 …

6 Likes

Is 0.10 going to be strong enough to hold the weight of the hood without bowing Mike?

1 Like

Mike’s probably bowed enough already but apropos a parallel discussion on the My Rolling Stock railways thread, Evergreen should be up to the challenge :wink: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Well I am quite warped… so we make a good pair…

In the past I have had some issues with 0.10 sagging over time. I now err on the side of caution and usually do this sort of thing in brass strip and angle.

:crossed_fingers: it works okay here.

3 Likes

@ Peter. The strips are 1.0mm wide x 0.010mm thin. So the answer is no.

@ Tim. Not even a snowball’s chance in Oz during wildfire season. :snowman_with_snow::hot_face: Just an illusion I decided to run with. … Remember the “Bent Pin In The Firewall” trickery? (Refer: September 18th post).

Hopefully, I’ll have an update tomorrow. Please stay tuned. :tv:

PS: Yesterday, I finished-up the big red cross decal repairs — as far as I can take them anyway.
:x: :x: :x: :mag::paintbrush::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

A lot is hinging on your next post …

3 Likes

According to Google hinge is now only a dating app….like…Tindering…? Mike is there something you haven’t told us…? :shushing_face: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

…and I thought my puns were bad… :crazy_face:

Ah, you are still doing that. I thought the Evergreen was in place of. Good choice on course of action.

1 Like

I remember when ‘hooking up’ meant putting the trailer or caravan on the car…

3 Likes

…and “friends with benefits” meant mates on government assistance :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

I use “Frugal” search and stay as far away as I can from that Social Media crap! :no_good_man::no_entry_sign:

1 Like

I own a trailer… beats “old baggage” any day. :luggage::laughing:

2 Likes

So with the trailer in tow you always (side)swipe left? :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

We had a saying… Rubbin’s racing! :checkered_flag:

2 Likes

Small Hinge-O-Rama update…

To be continued…

7 Likes

4 Likes

Decades mate, decades …

2 Likes

Michael,
I just noticed that your replacement jerry can spout appears to be mounted the wrong way round: In the photo that petbat posted, you can see that the wider end of spout and cover face away from the can and the little protrusion on the cover’s opposite side is the grip for the locking mechanism (with a tiny hole for the wire of a lead seal).
Listening forward to the first slamming of your hood,
Peter

1 Like