IDF 75 Campaign

I’m interested!

Time for a little bump. I know we’re still a couple of months off from the start of this one, but I have a question for the group. I’m thinking about several options for this campaign, including IAF fighters through the years. The centerpiece would be the latest:

The only aftermarket I have for this one, which is a very nice kit, is:

However, I must admit that I made a bit of a start on it:

The work done is painting black, white (which probably needs another coat), and interior gray and putting deals on the instrument panel, as well as putting together the plastic parts of the ejection seat. Oh, and tinting the canopy.

Now a long time ago in the previous site, I changed the rule that kits could be up to 25% started to qualify for a campaign. And when this new site was launched, I didn’t see that the Boss Man changed that. But I don’t want to run afoul of the group. Would anyone object to me building this kit for the campaign if I do no further work on it until the official start in September?

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think that would be fine.

1 Like

I think you’re fine with it. And it is far less than 25%. I would just amend the rules and regs for when they get posted so people know you’re allowing kits to be 25 % or less started to qualify…

1 Like

Just been looking at evil bay…have decided to go firm with the wingy thing… either the F4 or F16… The F15 was over £60 so that’s a non starter sadly … Will also get an AK paint set for it as well.

Come on with him!

Academy makes an 1/48 IDF F-15 which is pretty decent provided you are willing to sand/fill a bit. You might find it at a good price

1 Like

Cheers Nikos, wil keep an eye out for it :+1:

What are the Kinetic kits like ? Never built anything by them, so any help, tips positive or negative info will be appreciated… I’m thinking of getting one of the F16s …

It’s been a while, but my recollection is that they’re pretty nice. Early efforts, so a few ejector towers, but they have good detail and fit is quite good as well.

There were both ww2 surpluss rifless and brand new vz.98N (N stands for Nemecky, which means german ). Vz.98N was a standard weapon of the Czechoslovakian army. You can spot some of them in photos because they have a bigger trigger guard for use in mittens.

Is this still a September start Michael ?

Yep, September 26th, Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.

2 Likes

Cool… Just got this from fleabay…
Should be here in a few days

Reviews and box contents look good. Will get the AK IDF modern aircraft set as well…

And wingy things are totally out of my comfort zone lol… I may do a Merkava as well…

3 Likes

Does anyone know of a way to get Quinta Studio decals ? I take it you cant get them out of Russia now because of the Ukraine war ? are there any UK dealers as I really want them for the F16 as I cant see see any instrument decals on the kit supplied ones.

John, I see them on eBay all the time. Bit pricey but they are their.

Cheers Mike, I will look on there later and see what the prices are. I just actually found some in Hannants Online shop and they have plenty in stock as well.

1 Like

I have this in my stash as well. looks super nice - I will follow your build with interest. Originally planning to do a “Me109” S-199 Donkey next to this Barak. Kind of showing the development of the IAF since the 1940ties. Might still happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does look like a nice kit. I will definitely get the AK paint set for it and also the Quinta studio decals as by looking at those, they will really make the cockpit jump out as its a big old canopy you can see through and its all on display. I’m surprised the kit decals didnt have the cockpit instruments on it, I would of thought most modern aircraft have some form of decal included. the Quinta decals are over half the kit price which is mad …

Well, it looks like I’m in !! :grin:

Postie delivered this earlier.

3 Likes