IDF 75 Campaign

I would like to sign up for this one, but I have no idea what I’m going to build for it at the moment.

Welcome! I know the feeling, there are a lot of options. Looking forward to whatever you choose.

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m getting excited to start this one.
Although I originally decided to do an aircraft, I might just jump in with the Tamiya Tiran I bought last year. That kit is just too good to linger in the stash.

1 Like

Thought I had posted this here… Obviously not lol…

Got the AK modern IAF set for the IDf campaign and the F16 C I’m doing for that, and the AK late US Air Pacific colours for the F4F that I ordered today.

Also arrived, the Quinta studio cockpit details for the F16.

Really impressed with the Quinta stuff, good knows how they get that detail

4 Likes

Good choice Stephen. The Tamiya Tiran 5 is a very good kit for its age with typical Tamiya fit and enjoyment.

It is also a nice base to work from, if you like adding details too. Biggest omission OOB is the lack of tools and tool holding fittings:

A set of grills will also add a lot if you are that way inclined (the rectangular frame on the outside was a feature of some but not all - it depended where the vehicle was originally built) :

I replaced the tracks on mine to get the typical T-55 sag.

As you can see from the pic, I added Legend Fuel cells which are crisper and include some other missing fittings, but in the end, that extra detail was more “at least I know it is there” than stand out detail.

4 Likes

Thanks Peter,
I did follow your build on the T-55 campaign and made a note of what I needed. I’ve got pretty much all of the tools I need in an old Academy equipment set. Will do the job. I think there are lots of other stowage items I could use in it too.
I did pick up an alu gun barrel a while back for it. Can’t remember who by, I chucked it in the kits box but it looked quite good.
Will definitely need the etch mesh. Can’t see the kit supplied plastic screen working very well.

1 Like

10 days and I don’t know what model to make … :scream:

all of them…

Ufffff… :grin:

Tick, tick, tick…

Michael :stuck_out_tongue: :israel:

1 Like

I’m going to enter in the next month. Academy M-51 and dragons M-3 halftrack with 20mm gun accompanied with idf paratroopers.

1 Like

Thinking about getting in but it depends on the answer to my question. Just started the MiniArt Tiran 4 Late. The basic hull tub is complete and some of the running gear fittings have been added. Have I done too much to qualify? No photos at the moment but can take some if necessary.

1 Like

I’m pretty laid back about that sort of thing. The F-35 I plan to go with is a little bit started too. And I’d like to see how that MiniArt kit looks, so I’d say go for it!

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m in. Will just have to resist the temptation to do more for a few more days. There’s always something else waiting to be built. :grin: :grin:

I’m in as well, this will be my first campaign but the deadline is generous enough for me to actually get a build done :sweat_smile:. I’ll go with the 1/35 Tamiya M-51 Super Sherman, with some conversion work to make it appropriate for the 1973 War

3 Likes

Show off this conversion :wink:
I’m leaning towards this vehicle…I haven’t seen it done…I only found some pics from the museum…has anyone else ??

2 Likes

Thinking about an armored car for the IDF ‘War of Independence’ (1948-1949), or something close to those years. Either way, count me in.

Evening folks. I’m brand spankin’ new here, so forgive me as I navigate (i.e. stumble) through new territory. An IDF 75 Campaign? I am so in. I see there is a question about “Going” buttons and such. Do I need to know about that at this point? And how do these Campaigns work? Cheers

1 Like

Hi Evan, welcome to the forums :+1:t2::sunglasses:

You just hit the going button.

When the campaign start date has passed you can start your build.
You start by posting a photo of your unbuild kit.
You complete the campaign by posting your finished build before the end date of the campaign. That is all.

It is fun to share your progress, so please give updates as your build progresses :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you decided on something to build? I normally change my mind many times before I finally start :roll_eyes::smile::smile:

Thank you for a very quick reply, and your warm welcome.

Where’s the “going” button found?

Start date. Photo Documentation from start to finish. Share when there’s something to share.
Cool. Got it.

As to what kit… I hear you about the “It’ll be this one. No this one. Well, I’ve had that one for a while” syndrome. First thoughts are either a MIrage IIIc or the Meng Merkava Mark IV - the one with the crazy mine rollers - name escapes me at the moment - and I’m too lazy to look it up. (between you and I, the Merkava is a wee bit intimidating.)

1 Like