IDF Diorama

Oh my, this is getting bigger by the minute!

1 Like

Yeah man , growing by the minute , everything’s looking great .
Love the dust ups .

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have not read your thread for a while, but what a dio this will be.
Fantastic vehicles and figures
How big should it be? :grinning:

1 Like

The plan is 100 x 50 cm…

Time for some updates…

The M51: upper and lower hull still seperated, need to add the row of bolts at the front, the jerrycans…

And started on the tracks, first time I am doing these …

Than the truck and crew… painted most of it, truck is still in parts…

Cargo for the truck…

Dry fitting the truckparts…

Someone isn’t sure where to go…

And then the group around the engine problem, not completely fitting properly as the wheels are still left of…

They found the problem… the missing engine…

5 Likes

Incredible amount of work!
J

1 Like

Thanks! Only wish those figures looked more like yours!

1 Like

New vehicles with a lot of equipment look very good. I like it

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Did you rob your kid’s piggy bank, or win the lottery, or inherit a boat load of cash? The register at the counter is clanging away with all these rigs, HA! Chaching, chaching!

Awesome work is all I can say, awesome!

1 Like

Well thanks very much for the compliments!
And actually, the kits for this diorama are all bought relatively cheap. Here in Holland we have an internet site, Marketplace where anyone can put up anything for sale. So a lot of kits are sold here, people who want to stop with their hobby, stashes of people who passed away sold of by their inheratants, kits that won’t be build anymore, you name it…
The first kit for instance, that Dodge kit by Bilek, I bought that for something like 7,50 euro… most of those truck for between 12 and 20 euro… that M51 came with the Legend and the resin set because the original owner had bought it and rrealised he got the wrong sets…
If you search the internet and are not to particular about having to get the latest and best detailed kits, and are not to fussy over getting everything detailed exactly like the real thing, it is still possible to get things without having to have won that lotery :grinning:
Mind you, adding everyting up still comes to a nice amount of money, but I got to buy at least double the amount of kits compared to buying newer, more recent kits.

2 Likes

As the truck is in the weahtering proces, and the M51 is in primer, I will start another build while those are drying inbetween steps…

I have entered this:

into the tank destroyer campaign, as you can see it comes with some extra’s… a stowage wet, a metal barrel and a resin set, ancient…

3 Likes

What is this set?
c50f2fe59d00bcc70f35cc44239586e2046ccbcd_2_375x500

It was in the box as I bought it… AEF is as far as I know, a no longer existing company that did a lot of resin iDF sets…

1 Like

Finished that truck…

3 Likes

And busy with the M51

8 Likes

Man o man I would be happy building stuff at 50% the pace that you do. You have a great work ethic,
J

That’s years and years of factory work experience :grinning:

1 Like

Love the 51 , JR’s right you’re a modeling machine !!

1 Like

Allread posted it in the curvy tank campaign, I have chipped and dusted the M51, added antennas, straps on the stowage, and think this one is finished.

To show the difference before and after chipping and dusting:

7 Likes