IDF Diorama

Hello! Can you say something about the conversion of the M-6AT? Have they been used by IDF or is it s / f? I’ll be browsing here ;-). Sorry, but I use a translator …

@ReluctantRenegade Well, I will have to get them to strip then won’t I? :grinning:
It’s a good thing I am not to fussy about those things :grinning: in my LAV thing I also added figures and stowage from different timeframes… I am more into building a scene than 100% historical accuracy…

@Gregory_J_Copplin I was very lucky to get them second hand, here in Holland there is a thriving second hand market for kits, don’t know if they are anywhere left to be gotten new… maybe ebay or ali? But then they are probably not the real stuff…

1 Like

Hi Piotr, I had found pictures of M6 used by IDF but not the AT version, that’s why I left the gun out and replaced it with that SS11 set.
I had found 2-3 pictures of that version, but don’t know if IDF actually used it or only tested it…
They for sure used the 'bare’version, a screen shot from a newsreel about IDF forces entering Gaza in 1967:

The conversion is based on this picture:

3 Likes

@bwilt you are very fortunate, i have considered the Ali option and gambling that they are worth the price and at least are a decent kit.

To be honoust, I have no proof that I got an original kit… could very well have been gotten from Ali and sold to me… no box…

1 Like

@bwilt i think alot of these don’t have boxes anymore but who knows :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

[quote=“bwilt, post:22, topic:16154”]
Thank you for the information and photos … you made me want to be such a freak :wink:

1 Like

Some more photos:

s&

sa5

4 Likes

A photo is never enough! :wink:

1 Like

Good idea for a diorama. The start looks brilliant.
Will follow with great interest.

1 Like

Wow what a fantastic project you’ve got on the go there Bert! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

1 Like

Go Big or Go Home…as they say. Nonetheless this has the look of a great build thread and Dio!!

ASig00

1 Like

Yeppers,
gonna be epic,
J

1 Like

Thanks everone, hope to live up to our epetations… no pressure… :grinning:

@ReluctantRenegade those are nice pictures! I first thought our top pic looked very much like the one I found, ut its a different licenceplate and so

Yo! You will be busy for a while for sure! Looking great of course. Ever thought of doing the whole Dog Green sector of Omaha beach?
Anyway, I admire your ambition. Keep up the good work:) /Erik

2 Likes

Thanks! I actually saw a D-Day diorama not so long ago… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! Where was that?

I visit too many sites… to give you an examples of big dio’s from a Dutch site:
Someone doing a diorama in 1/72 that goes along 3 walls of his room, started in 2013, last posts were from end 2020:

He keeps his army in drawers… part of german army for 1 section

10 Likes

OMG! Okey, we are not the worst:) /Erik

2 Likes

Chassis of the Dragon is getting along,

I have sprayed the Dodge 6x6 in primer and then the chassis in black… and took the engine of the M3 along while I still had some black…
Made some comparison pictures of the chassis of both… bit of a detail difference…

4 Likes