IDF Diorama

I counted on your help in this matter :sunglasses:

Well I got my Dodge truck finished today:

8 Likes

And after that, I did some chipping on the M3, not to much, because eventhough it’s an old lady, the IDF takes good care of its stuff

Than I got the crew in, and it is a tight fit…

So now I will have to add sand and dust…

10 Likes

@bwilt these are coming out quite nicely. Really loving the progress you’re making on this dio!

1 Like

Thanks, but still got quite a few to go…

1 Like

Those 2 have come out really well Bert. Some really nice details in both builds and finished great … you get a real sense of the built up layers of dust . Lovely work :+1:

2 Likes

Very good wethering and good with the pictures of all the details so that it can be seen how well it is done. :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks John, Micke, glad you like it!

Very cool work man , very cool !!

1 Like

Thank you very much, great to get such encouragements!

Nice stuff! You sure do work fast man! Holy cow dude,
J

1 Like

Thanks, and my building speed is partly caused by the fact I dont do a lot of extreme detailing with PE or conversions…

Yes, that would speed things up for sure,
J

Hello! I am still exploring the topic of the launcher … maybe someone knows what the size of this box is ??

2 Likes

If this is the same rocket system as I used, you will need to make it 13x13x36 millimeter to fit the rockets in, but I think you are showing a smaller rocket…
I think you have SS10 I can find through Google:
Diameter 164 mm
Width of fins 500 mm
Length 1190 mm
Weightt 30 kg
Speed 190,28 m/s (685 km/h)
Reach 3000 m

Waiting on bolts and nuts to finish an AMX, I started on another kit, based on this screenshot:

from a documentary about the six day war in 1967, showing the defeated Egyptian army in the Sinai, I think the Egyptian army used this one:

The truck in the screenshot sure looks like it, and taking into consideration that Syria was still using some Sturmgeschuts panzers during that war, I think this is very possible. However, it was probably a Soviet truck, as Petbat explained in African Campaign
Nevertheless, I had allready started so I want to do this Mule as an abandoned Egyptian halftrack. And it will be an abandoned wreck, want to try and make it look like this picture I found on the internet:

This is an ancient kit, but really nice!! The instructions warn you that the parts are not numbered, so you need to use the instructions as a map to find a part… and the instructions actueally tell you what a part is, and what to do with it:

It would be great if more kitmanufacturers would explain what a certain part is…

2 Likes

And this is an ancient kit, according to Scalemates dating from 1976… it has remarkable detailing, look at the wood graining:

If you want to, you can make a driving model, all the wheels spin, including the wheels of the tracks, the front wheels are steerable:

, the suspension of the track works:

Really good fit, nice detailing, builds very fast, almost a pitty to turn this into a wreck…

but… that’s what i had in mind, so started with the seat, cotton wool on it, than cover it all up with masking tape, cut the tape to pull out some cotton wool like the stuffing came out of the seat:

and then get the heat gun to create a flat tyre, adjust the front suspension so it will hang down on that side, bend a front fender, bend the door…

unfortunately the heat was more than intended, the hood is damaged/melted more than I wanted…

Will have to see if it will be allright, otherwise I will have to try another new thing, making smoke with cotton wool to hide the hood…

4 Likes

Thank you for your help, it’s always a step forward

1 Like

Frankly, that’s what it is. AFAIK the only halftracks the Egyptians ever fielded were M3/5s. .

2 Likes

Great job on everything so far. However, I believe RelucantRenegade is correct. in the photo of what appears to be a halftrack, the suspension is too short. The sprocket on the Maultier comes almost to the rear of the cab, and the idler almost to the rear of the bed. In the photo there’s quite a bit of visible space behind the cab before the tire.
Even so, you have the makings for an impressive wreck in a WWII dio.
I would suggest using Italeri Katyushas for the wrecked trucks. I have done so by eliminating the launcher and adding twisted pieces of lead foil to represent damaged sheet metal. I even removed the “wooden” running boards on the sides of the cab to represent having been burnt out. Coiled wire around the wheels instead of using the tires…

2 Likes