Group Build Title: I’m a Movie Star Group Build
Group Build Leader(s): @petbat
Group Build Description: Build a Vehicle, Aircraft or Ship as depicted in a Movie. Or, do a figure or bust of someone in a Movie. Or, build a Dio depicting a scene of a movie.
Ever watched a motion picture and seen a something that you thought “I’d love to build a model of that!” This build is designed to let you and other modellers fulfil that dream.
- Have fun - this is not a serious build
- Build any vehicle, aircraft or ship as it is depicted in a movie or TV Show. It should be painted and have the markings as shown in the movie. It could also be a dio or figure reproduced from a specific scene in a movie.
- The model must be along the lines of an Alternate History theme where the intent is the vehicle modelled is based on a real vehicle and supposed to be a real vehicle, or the movie scene is supposed to depict real life. E.g. No Sci-Fi like Doctor Who’s Tardis, Star Wars/Star Trek vehicles, no Gundam, etc. However, If someone wanted to do the Challenger Tank that The Doctor rode on in one episode, that is fine (BUT you have to do the The Doctor with his Guitar - Just kidding…)
- 100% accuracy to the film is not expected. The modeller should attempt to get it as close as possible but if the movie makers don’t have to be exact, then neither should we. Slightly oversize decals, lettering not quite the right font, etc is all acceptable. A Tiger 1 painted and marked like the one in Kelly’s Heroes will be acceptable, but a T34 converted to look like the Tiger as it was done in the movie would be soooooo much better . Same for things like FV432 based Stug’s etc. A standard Stug will be accepted). Doing an F16 and calling it as representing the F14 from Top Gun (the original) is not okay!
- The build must be exclusive to this campaign to receive the award
- You must post a pic of the vehicle/scene you are going to reproduce and a start up pic showing the kit unstarted when the build commences.
- Post as many ‘in course of construction’ pics as you can. Use of the sub forum in the build is encouraged, especially if you plan on posting a lot of construction pics.
- Final pics must be posted to receive the award.
Event Details: (Remember to click “Going” if you want to join the build!)
Completion Award: [If the campaign gets off the ground and award will be created and allocated to those that finish]
A Note about Awards: The following text is a reminder that in order for people participating and finishing their projects to receive a badge on their forum profile, they will need to provide their account username to the group build leader by the completion date of the build. The leader will then provide this list to the site admin who will bulk award the badges to those users who have finished the group build. If you don’t provide your username or finish the project on the timetable the leader has setup you will not be able to receive an award.