I'm a Movie Star Group Build

What scale? I have a 1:32nd Airfix kit but I wasn’t contemplating it for this build. Plenty of movie car kits (mostly not quite what they purport to be) but there’s an ancient AMT '66 Thunderbird in the stash which would do for “Thelma and Louise”…

Cheers,

M

It was a bust I had in mind as there are quite a lot of movie themed ones.

1 Like

If Peter is mean an evil and says no :face_with_monocle: I am thinking of a follow up to the figure campaign of just figure busts. Might do one either way.

1 Like

Now just need to find these figures!

3 Likes

Does anyone from the aircraft (wingy things) side of life know if there’s a decal set for either 1/72 or 1/48 B25s for Yankee Doodle from Catch 22 or for one of the Doolittle raid B25s ?

These are sheets made for the movie, where to find is up to you.

1/48

1/72

HTH

3 Likes

Cheers dude … I might throw my hat in with one of these … Might …

1 Like

Someone has a B-25 Doolittle raider from accurate miniatures for sale in the forum buy/sell

2 Likes

Likewise, I have a few candidates which will work. Just need to see what build queue looks like for 2023.

How about Lulubelle from “Sahara”?

TRIVIA-LULUBELLE-SAHARA

3 Likes

Guys, I did cover off figures in the fine print of the rules:

So figures, or busts, are perfectly acceptable.

My intent here is to create a fun build, where modellers who do different genre can mingle with modellers they would not otherwise interact with. So the rules are going to be ‘looser than a politician’s morals…’

As to started kits, how far along is the M47 Ryan? Can you wait out til the January start to go further?

3 Likes

From the Dec 2020 post as part of the Antique Antics campaign.

Probably too far along?

How did I miss the bit about figures! Sorry Peter, I’m a right eejit!

2 Likes

Yeah, probably a bit further along than would normally be acceptable for a group build Ryan.

Does someone have scale plans of the gullwing/flying wing bomber/transporter from Raiders of the Lost Ark? :laughing:

I’ve already built his ride…. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Ah, ‘The Bridges at Toko-Ri’… great book and film…

So where are the inspiration pics of your finished build Carlos??? :grin:

Being held hostage on photobucket… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yep - you and a zillion other guys…

Here… I was able to download them and save them onto my ICloud storage

It’s the old Monogram kit with Microscale Decals done before they reissued the kit with the movie marking option.

5 Likes