I'm a Movie Star Group Build

I found something in my stash that will work perfectly!

2 Likes

Details right down to the helmet as well. Excellent Carlos. Very nice indeed. Thanks for posting the pics.

The “Mk.VII” tank from Indiana Jones 3 would be tempting…
a92b6b9002662231dd5f4518023ac3be

But will probably end as a complete scratchtbuild as the movie prop was.

7 Likes

There is a kit… Price is a tad high for me:

and one for 1/72, also a tad more $'s than I’d part with

Got an old Italeri Chaffee lying around and you want to do something special?

3 Likes

How about the EM-50?

7 Likes

Ooh. Ooh, I think I have a couple of kits from “Flight of the Intruder”, Grafton’s A-6E and an A-1E(?). Best I can guess from the trailer their Spads are any flavor of A-1 except E… :wave:

2 Likes

If anyone is feeling brave enough to do the conversions, there are the Zero’s, Val’s and Kate’s in Tora! Tora! Tora!

I love this idea, Peter! I’m not sure I have the cycles but maybe…

Apocalypse Now
Oddball’s upgraded Sherman
I wish someone made models of the cars in the Great Race
and what ship was The Old Swayback in In Harm’s Way?

1 Like

North American AT-6 Texans and Vultee BT-13 Valiants would do (like in the movie)

1 Like

The article I linked does talk about the modifications. I think you’d need drawings or good quality photos to do a decent job though. Not sure my skills are up to it.

There was another old film I saw a few years back that used T-28’s as stand ins for Zero’s, but the title escapes me.

I might have a rewatch of the Black Adder Goes Forth episode ‘Private Plane’ to see what was used. I think they had a red Tiger Moth for Richthofen’s mount. Worth a rewatch for Rik Mayall’s performance alone!

2 Likes

Fascinating article! Those are solid conversions, especially the Zero one :slight_smile:

The fact that some are still flying today is testament to how well the built the conversions were.
I think a couple of them were used during the filming of Pearl Harbour. Although I could be wrong as I’ve never actually seen that one :laughing:

Do it! That would be a brilliant entry.

2 Likes

Certainly is!

1 Like

@petbat Rik is one of my heroes. I learned a lot of colourful language from him.

I found the clip on YouTube. They look like modified Stampe SV.4’s. Could be reused footage from another TV series or film as I doubt the budget for Blackadder stretched this far!

2 Likes

Anybody have this in their stash?

4 Likes

I had forgotten about that kit! I was after one at the time but never managed to get one.

A brilliant suggestion.

On the theme of WW1 aviation movies, there’s also Wings, Dawn Patrol, Aces High, Zeppelin, Flyboys, The Red Baron (takes a lot of liberties but is visually quite impressive).

Even more obscure there are the 1980’s flops Biggles Adventures in Time and Gunbus (released under the name Sky Bandits in the US). Bizarre films but entertaining if you suspend your disbelief.

1 Like

Here’s a few candidates from The Right Stuff…

3 Likes

What were the zeros used in The Final Countdown? I’m assuming the F-14s could be modeled pretty easily if someone makes the right decals?

1 Like

Good question. I had completely forgotten about that movie.

A quick Google search turned up this article. Say’s they were T-6’s. I haven’t seen the film since I was a kid, so I don’t know if they were modified in anyway.

I suppose the F-14’s could be easily done.

1 Like