I'm a Movie Star Group Build

I know, groan, My entry a Fury…

4 Likes

Cool, first one in this GB, I think

This is not the first time I have built this model. There is a trick one might want to use that I will show later how to do. The tracks when built according to instructions are VERY hard to squeeze into the top roller wheels. I will try and show later my work around. Otherwise you might break some parts during installation of tracks.

5 Likes

Well, that’s the road wheels out of the way Kelly…

Finally finished painting Michael/Joe… close enough.

Taking a bow after the performance:

Yes, the shoes are not painted - good luck seeing them when he is inside the hatch.

9 Likes

Oh no you don’t… Yer not gettin’ away that easy. Spit-shine those boots, soldier. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :sweat_drops:

—mike :saluting_face:

1 Like

Excellent looking fig- you’ve definitely captured the character.

1 Like

When doing this build, you need to drop the wheel guide mounts lower than its marked. What happens is they are to high and when you go to put on your tracks you WILL break these wheels off the mounts if you use early style Fury tracks, but not with the later style tracks they also give you.

Also you need to flip the skirt to the other side on the front pieces. otherwise you will have a support arm at a goofy angle.

3 Likes

4 Likes

You need to be careful when snipping off the different style smaller front fenders as you can see I already did in earlier pics. But be careful, how much you do can effect how it all lines up later. This can be a bit tricky first time building because you can easily create gaps for the larger fenders you glue on later. You also need to file down the ends on the light guards as they will be square ended and not lay flat to the turret.

4 Likes

Looking good. Out of curiosity, which kit are you building?

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Italeri Sherman Fury. It comes with a good amount of extra equipment you could field two Fury’s. Just not enough decals.

Actually Fury was a M4A2E8… but hey, like the movies close enough is good enough. :clown_face:

You seem to have a strong handle on this kit Kelly.

What are you seeing different on this kit than on the movie build.

Didn’t they use several different tanks for close-ups and distance shots etc, as is typical of movies and shows? It’s always best to choose one image and go with it rather than tying yourself up in continuity errors caused by the Props Department…

2 Likes

https://www.bnps.co.uk/image/I00009c7kvGXSh.o

the difference between the two is in the engine size.

Actually, the engine type. The M4A2 used a pair of GMC diesel engines while the M4A3 used a Ford V8 gasoline motor. Externally, they would have different engine deck and exhaust layouts. I believe that in “real life” an M4A2E8 would have been quite rare in US ETO service, as the American Army had gone with the M4A3 variant by that point in the war.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The “real” one (if we can use that term for a fictional movie) would have been an M4A3E8 as depicted in the Italeri kit, because the US Army did not use the M4A2E8 in WW2. Most M4A2s went to the UK and to the USSR, and they were all non-E8 types. The use of an A2E8 in the movie was just a case of using what was available for hire. Fortunately for most movie-goers the visible differences between the A2 and A3 are mostly hidden around the back where all that stowage obscures the details, so not many would really notice!

4 Likes

fun times. The best part of any build. All the different color changes while airbrushing items and cleaning out your brush. Yummy. :joy:

4 Likes

just throwing some shade.

6 Likes