Inaugural Railway Campaign

Your platforms and systems are fine. You did reply in the Shunting Loco thread:
https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/shunting-loco/9871/47

Thank you for your compliments…

Some interesting looking details kosprueone, making for something special, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:.

G, :beer:.

Thanks to Fred, Erwin, John and kosprueone for their kind feedback, much appreciated chaps, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I hope you’ve recovered from your seasickness Fred, :wink:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Hi all,

Can’t believe that there’s only 13 days left, eeek!, :roll_eyes:. I’ve reached that slow stage, least in my instance, the creation of figures to populate the scene.

I have a number on the go, mainly crew for the boat, but it’s a very slow process converting the 00/H0 Dapol (ex-Airfix, if memory serves) Railway Workers and Station Passengers, :roll_eyes:.

The first one is complete, the coxswain of the boat, he started off as a station porter…

DAPC002b (2)

I then tried to convert him to a Royal Navy chap in duffle coat, life vest and wellies using a milliput/greenstuff mix…

And now he’s steering the boat…

I have also fixed the rolling stock and crane in place.

Whether I’ll meet the deadline is anybody’s guess, but miracles do happen, :wink:.

G, :beer:

6 Likes

I feel suitably seasick looking at that G…but seriously, now you have just the one figure there, it gives just that small area a real sense of movement… Looking forward to seeing some little chaps introduced… I have utmost faith you will cruise to the finish with time to spare…:+1:

1 Like

Back when they were Airfix those figures were soft bendy plastic; is Dapol making them in hard glueable plastic now?

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

IDK if Dapol makes them in hard plastic now but here’s the old set.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive feedback and continued support chaps, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

In answer to your question Tom, the answer is yes, the Dapol Railway Workmen and Platform Figures are hard (see link below for review).

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ManufacturerList.aspx?id=51

They’re not bad for their age, and are relatively easy to carve/file off detail as necessary. I haven’t tried cutting and gluing, but I suspect there would be no problem.

Whereas Fred is correct about the Station Accessories set, that is still in soft bendy plastic.

G, :beer:.

1 Like

That’s good news, I may have to avail myself of some. It’s a pity Dapol didn’t get the “Civilians” set and do the same (and the two Zoo sets, and… Oh, well…).

Probably necessary to get the wheels to clip onto the carts.

Thanks everyone,

M

1 Like

Now it certainly does look the part… Well executed. How many figures left?

2 Likes

Such an interesting and exciting diorama. G, you’re amazing. And I’m not trying to butter you up LOL!

1 Like

Thanks Erwin, there are another three souls for the boat, and then anywhere between six-to-twelve dotted around the quay, :roll_eyes: :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like

Thanks for the ‘not-buttering’ Fred, :wink:…not so sure such praise is deserved, but the sentiment is appreciated my friend, :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

On the braille scale this should be feasible to manage in a couple of days. At least, the painting should… You can do this!!!

1 Like

G - keep going. You’ll drive that golden spike…er, mooring?

Group, your thoughts on the ‘medal’?
IRC Banner jpg

4 Likes

It looks good Fred, nice job.

I am pretty sure I will not be able to complete my entry in the next few days, so I won’t be able to complete the campaign. I really thought I would be able to. Oh well, maybe the next one. :confused:

1 Like

That rocks!

1 Like

Looks good

Not knowing just HOW I’d like to weather the railcar, I’m going to leave that for later. Thoughts of it being by itself on a small bit of track or with one or two more in a “convoy” connected. I dunno.

But as far as the campaign goes, it’s done.

Thank you,

Mike

7 Likes