Infantry tank, A11 Matilda MkIV. Another 3D printing adventure

hmmmm…

I’ll need to design a more fitting mantlet.

2 Likes

Ta-dah!

2 Likes

Mouse my lad, you’ve nailed it!

1 Like

two twenty millimeter cannon with 350 rounds per gun will nail most things, I expect.

They looked a bit long and gawky . Do you think anyone will notice/care if they are technically about 15 scale centimeters too far back to actually fit in the turret?

2 Likes

I’d stay with the MGs myself.

Hmmm…

Why not both?

All this would need would be an alternate Mantlet and Guns.

Wait.

Better.

2 Likes

I mean I sure don’t, but if I’m building this it’s for the sheer awesomeness not the accuracy.

Hell, now I wanna see you try and squeeze a 2 pdr in there. Or some absolutely lunatic twin 40mm Bofors SPAAG arrangement. Though I suppose at that point we’re delving dangerously into Warhammer 40k territory.

hhhmmm… octuple pom pom on self propelled mounting…

1 Like

Please make the A11 Skink, I beg of you

2 Likes

I don’t think the turret ring would handle it.

…left over B29 turrets, on the other hand…

I DO have a staghound AA turret around here somewhere…

4 Likes

That one is way cool!

Would it be a good idea to add more ammunition storage for those guns?
Larger boxes over the track guards?
How does the gunner/commander enter/exit the vehicle?

the B29 turret is remote control, and totally wouldn’t work on a tank, as it would need a completely separate sighting dome/apparatus. I just happened to have one that I drew up for a different project.

1 Like

Dang! It looked so cool …

tell you what, If you buy one, I’ll throw one in.

Myself I’m liking the first 20mm design. The second one is good too but something about the first one I like better. I’ll pass on the B29 Turret though.

Still at the top on my 2022 buy list.
ASig00

I am late to this thread but it appears more money might be going down under that looks cool even if not real.

Yep, long 20mm turret for me too, but love both that and the twin mg turrets. Really want one of these!!!

I like what you’ve done with the twin guns, but as an Infantry support vehicle, twin 20mm seems a bit much & 350 rds per gun a lot too little. I think a better solution would be a cannon & MG mix. That would mean more space for the smaller ammo, so more targets serviced. Browning or Vickers, not Besa…

Not a fan of the triple MG’s, if 2 won’t do it, 3 just complicates things.

Mal

1 Like

I’m loving the Clementine more and more. Must agree with Malcolm @AfvAficionado that one of each would be my preference for the armaments.

Keep up the good work, and it’s great that you are going to sell the little blighters too!

Queue Thinking music…

HHnnnnggggnnn…

POP.

…also turns out my fifties were about 15% too big.

5 Likes