Interest in a How To?

Since I will have to take some of my days of in April or May (Yes, live as a german employee is hard - when do I take my 30 days off :slight_smile: ) I will use some of that time to take pictures of some models build over the years.

This will be done with a camera with interchangeable lenses and some cheap flashes as well as a black background. Not the typical “photo tent” setup since it will involve some terrain pieces and playing with light/effects.

Question: Is there any interest in a “How To” about this? If yes I will take some pictures of the setups as well and try my best at writing a bit.

6 Likes

I, for one would be interested. I am always looking for ways to make my model photographs better.

Cheers,
C.

My wife gave me an entry level DSLR at Christmas. I’m still at the “Ooo, look at all the shiny buttons stage” and would appreciate any knowledge you share.

Colin

Great idea, Michael!..There is always something new to learn.
Cheers,

Sorry for the delay. I had a run in with a Corolla (No not Corona - a driver ran me over with a Toyota Corolla in the Zollverein parking lot) and currently my insurance, his insurance (and if this does not get solved soon my neighbour Iwan and the driver) discuss who pays for my new camera since that got damaged when I dropped on my back (LowePro backpacks are good but not that good)

Hello Michael,

thanks for the update and I hope you’re in better condition than your camera. Good luck with the insurance companies and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Thanks I am fine. Had heavy bruises but the main damage was from being pushed and then falling over the curbstone.

Fighting is “what is the replacement cost” since two of the destroyed lenses (Tamron 24-70 and 70-200 gen1) are no longer produced.

Glad to hear that you are not seriously injured. Wishing you the best of luck in getting your lenses replaced quickly.
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

@ Michael_Brinkhues - just checking in to see how you are doing since the accident.

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Thanks for asking.

Insurance trouble solved, camera etc on the way. Hope to start early July (some stuff is on backorder)

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested in improving my model photography also. I currently use my iPhone but used to use my Minolta x-700 SLR . I still have the flash unit as well as the cable and tripod. I bought from a friend while stationed in Germany in ‘85.

1 Like