Israeli Tiran 4

I recently was given a book on the Israeli Tiran 4-6, and was wondering who has the best kit for a Tiran 4. The Cold War is not my area of expertise, so I was hoping some of you cold war people could help me out. TIA, Colin

4 Likes

I would suggest either Takom or MiniArt. Depending on how detailed you want it, MiniArt makes kits w/or w/out a full interior.

2 Likes

Miniart have a few Tiran kits (early/late with and without interiors)
Start with this list and browse for your favourite

Note that the Miniart kits have a ton of parts, even without the interior …

Edit: Dang, Gino beat me too it :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

Go for the Takom kit, it’s the best one… if you want a gazillion parts and a few headaches pick Miniart , if you want a cheap one go for SKIF’s Tiran 4, but don’t expect accuracy, good fitting, good detail or a smooth build.

4 Likes

I say tankom for the kit unless you’re a glutton for punishment. I’ve seen some really great builds from the mini art kits but the builders always had that thousand yard stare when I asked how the build went…

4 Likes

I open the Miniart box.
I look at all the small parts.
I read the assembly instructions.
I sigh.
I think to myself: Not today
I close the box again.

10 Likes

@HeavyArty @Uncle-Heavy @Nito74 @Robert_Goldman
Alright, thanks! I’ll probably go for Takom, but maybe I’ll choose miniart if I’m up for a challenge. Probably not though, :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s known to cause TBI and PTSD :joy:

3 Likes

Probably you won’t believe it but today I opened a T-54 A box from Miniart and did that exactly… and did it last Friday… and last Wednsday too … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

As others stated Takom because it is easier to build. Miniart for the pain and the rivets. There are kits with and without interior, your struggle to choose. You might get lucky and find a cheap Takom offering, I have noticed some in evil bay and similar…

Reply to show off my state of mind: I am in the middle of combining a Miniart Tiran 4 with full interior with a Miniart T-55 to get a Tiran 5. The doctor said it is ok… :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Good luck on your project !!!
Tamyia Tiran 5 with a Miniart interior could also work ?

2 Likes

Thanks, I do not know to be honest, T-55s are far from my area of interest so I cannot help you with that. But you would need the breach from the 105 mm gun that the Tamiya kit does not include and the IDF radios and stuff…

2 Likes

I gotta vote Miniart interior kits all the way…lots of bang for your buck imho.

Edit…I should note that I enjoy the building phase more than paint and completion lol

2 Likes

I agree. I like the MiniArt (or any other company’s) kits w/interiors. They aren’t really that hard, they just take time, but can give great results.

I have built one complete MiniArt T55 kit (build review on archived site: https://archive.armorama.com/review/14169/ )

And one that I used left over MiniArt interior and exterior parts added to a Tamiya T55 as a destroyed Iraqi tank.

3 Likes

Miniart certainly delivers on that subject, that’s for sure …

4 Likes

Do Takom and Miniart share several common Tiran 4 parts sprues, or is it just my imagination? Sprue J for example. Sorry if this was discussed before.

2 Likes