Italeri 1/35 T 55

This is the kit i started seven years ago,just look at the glue discolouration and the spillage,the the tracks really put me of as i couldnt get the track sag i wanted i bought the thrumpeter single plastic pin type.
Loads of snapped bits stupidity and rushed house moves, i have new R Model metal tracks bought £30, which cost more than the kit £17 quid back then at the time lol,
I hope the destroyed look is ok with you guys

4 Likes

Theres a bit of progress,at last 6 or 7 road wheels and suspension arms were repaired,oh the hours and the determination not to lose,sprue goo,CA and scratch building,poorly done i agree,i binned the r models tracks as only the track pins turned up,they were promptly returned,i got the last of fruil tracks before they go,lovely that they provided the sprockets as well.
The hand rails were a bit of a mare but done in steel wire and bent to reflect the turret hit.
This is meant to reflect a pic a saw of destroyed iraqi tanks i have seen second hand,see attached photos.
Mini track bashing coming up,yep did that and got the sunglaases to cover the grey bits up nowadays.
I live in hope to recover what has been a joy and a grsat learning curve,the barrel was a mare put turned out ok after hours of work,slow progression i say

3 Likes

1 Like

Ok,no more progress as yet a 55 hour week says otherwise,i know the entry wound needs a bit of tlc,however i have some good news ,if you can show me you a have a T 55 your building with a set of tracks to build that doesn’t begin with FBC or D,the trumpeter tracks are your yours free except the p and p,PM me if your interested and i will happily send them on to you,some folk have more patience than me with them,but i will be getting on with the track bashing i guess,please can you suggest a better idea than getting weils disease by using brass cut wire as track pins,my job involves diseases in humans.
Any way these are the tracks