Italeri M923 Shelter Truck

This was just a quick down and dirty OOB build on the old Italeri shelter truck.
Nothing added at all… It was a fun fast build.

9 Likes

Nice clean build and magnificent paint job Chris. Love the shadowing. Nice to see you back.

1 Like

Matthew it is good to be back in the loop. It’s so easy to get caught up with everything else and forget to come hang out with my friends here. Actually forgetting is something that I have become really good at LOL it’s the whole brain fog thing. Once I finish up a couple other current projects I’m going to be starting on that m a z and going to absolutely lose my mind on that build

2 Likes

Oh cool you’re going to build a MAZ? I’m just coming into the home stretch on my KET-T (MAZ based).
I can’t wait to see that build.

1 Like

I will be doing the intermediate type MAZ 537G with the ChMZAP5247 G trailer.
I did tge late type a couple years ago.
I plan to go scratch build crazy on this one.

2 Likes

Sounds like an awesome project!

2 Likes

I plan to do it as a step by step tutorial to help instruct people with scratch build conversions

2 Likes

That sounds even better! I will follow along with great interest and I’m sure you’ll draw a crowd.

2 Likes

Drawing a crowd is good it brings traffic to The Forum. Let’s just hope I don’t disappoint LOL

3 Likes

Good job on it. The old Italeri truck can turn out pretty nicely.

2 Likes

Thank you sir. It’s actually a nicer kid than people give it credit for

1 Like

I agree, the biggest issue to me is the wheels/tires. They are undersized and the wheels are not dished/deep enough. It is also missing a bunch of details around the front suspension, but that can all be added. By chance, did you add the shifter lever (part 80A) that Italeri shows in the instructions? If so, it should be removed as the M939 series 5 tons have automatic transmissions, not standard.

I have built a few of them, with a bit of detail added.

M923A1 Arty Prime Mover
M923A2 2

M931A2 Tractor
M931A2 1
M931A2 2
M931A2 3

3 Likes

@Chris_Bryan Chris, Your M923 looks fantastic. I have one in my stash as well. We use the M927 with a shelter on it when I was in a PATRIOT battery back in the day. I’ve wanted to replicated that truck, but I don’t have the talent to do it.

@HeavyArty Gino, I really like all of your M900 series trucks. They are just superb!

Jim

2 Likes

@jimb . It is actually easy. I did a step by step tutorial on the forum here.
Since then I have switched the paint I am using but the process is the same .
You can do it brother.

1 Like

Rest assured: You don’t :wink:
Good job on that truck! I built one myself two decades ago …

1 Like

@Uncle-Heavy . Thank you my friend.

1 Like

@jimb . Your trucks are beautiful .
Here is the link to the thread I mentioned.How I paint and weather s.b.s. tutorial

1 Like