JLTV in 1/35 scale announced?

I’m not sure if this is an official image, but it does seem someone (I Love Kit?) will be releasing JLTV soon?

Mario

5 Likes

I happen to have the walk around with interior and engine (removed and in the vehicle) when the time comes…

3 Likes

OMG finally!!

That looks like the way Panda used to set out their artwork previews.
Same people ? Will wait and see on this one .

I wonder what is the difference between this JLTV and the M-ATV as they look quite similar.

I think that the JLTV is lighter for the same level of protection…educated guess.

Yup, here is an article.

https://dirtsound.com/m-atv-vs-jltv-what-is-the-main-difference/

As for the kit, I’ll have to wait for the “Inbox Review” before I bite but I am excited…even more so if other kit makers start selling JLTVs.

1 Like

I Love Kit is a Trumpeter/Hobby Boss brand, which also sends out artwork like this. They’ve already released numerous kits under the I Love Kit name - some are old kits that Merit released previously under their name (1/35 Diamond T transporters, 1/48 PT boats, 1/35 G5 and X-Craft, etc), while others are brand new like the Atomic Annie, M923/M925 trucks and the M3A1 Lee (all 1/35).

1 Like

Trumpeter has bought Panda’s molds…

Should there have been a sound with that post?
Something from a scary spooky ghost story? Maybe from Scooby-Doo?
:laughing: :wink:

1 Like

Yes! I’d be taking notice of what Panda had on their to do list and then see if Trumpeter announces the same kit.

1 Like

Interesting variant…

The Navy Marine Expeditionary Ship Interdiction System :

H.P.

5 Likes

Yes, the NMESIS is unmanned and driven by remote-control tether to increase battlefield survivability. It carries two stealthy Naval Strike Missiles with 100 nautical mile range.

This is the Marines’ attempt for active sea denial.

I personally think that this mockup can fire SAMs (AIM-9s or AIM-120s/NASAMS) too if integrated properly.

The JLTV is bigger than a Hummvee but smaller than the M-ATV

Another option for the heavy gun career,

25mm Cockerill turret. Very similar to what the Russians did with their 4x4 Typhoon. Just cooler.

2 Likes

Very cool find, Kylie!

And I like the fact that it can be reloaded from inside the vehicle as not all RWSs allow that. I hope that the US and NATO buys some!

JLTV + Boeing SHORAD launcher + Hellfire missiles =

JLTV equipped with Kongsberg’s LW30 turret toting both an M230LF 30 mm cannon and a Javelin missile

H.P.

1 Like

And, with Spike NLOS…

3 Likes

I’m for a 6x6 JLTV. I think the 6x6 can have many armored uses if acquired such as APC, Command vehicle, K-9 kennel, EOD robot, EW/ECM, laser, C4ISR, SHORAD turret with reloads inside, ammo carrier, etc.

Notice how the man on the right is dwarfed in the larger photo.

1 Like

@Newtonk Some interesting USSOCOM news. If true, it will be the first US units to field this modification even though IDF and NATO have it first.

https://defence-blog.com/us-special-operators-receive-jltv-armed-with-israeli-made-missiles/

Great find!