JLTV UTL M1278 and an RG-33 SOCOM AUV Build Conversion

@terminator, hmmm a Wolfhound eh??? Maybe start with the Mastiff2? that could be quite a project…

@Trisaw, hi Peter, yeah, when I saw this truck I really liked the look. I think you’re right in that it may well be a bit obscure, and must say, photos and specs are pretty hard to come by. Robs images have helped quite a bit. At the beginning of this thread I mentioned I tried this once before, and looking back it was fine, but, it has its share of problems.

As for now, on we go:

@Dioramartin, hi Tim, back to your question about the hood/bonnet - well, it seems to be just about fine, but wrong…perfect. If you look at the photo above, you might note, that the “end” of the highest point of the fender on the right side (in this view, but left side of truck) is well, lower than the other side - :thinking: So - it’s not anymore:

A guy went ahead and rebuilt the top of the right (in this view, left on the truck) so that it is now flush!

Other exciting activities focused on the right rear and rear end of this brute:

This truck has these two tool boxes that rest on metal bar that projects outward from the bed, so now the model does too!

And, on to the rear end:

There’s a lot going on back here. The towbars are from the old Trumpeter kit, the tail lights and glad hands from the M1083, and obviously, plenty of styrene! I still need to add a few bits, but nothing major.

As always, unpredictable tasks were a challenge - like getting the shields around the tail lights on - took forever, same with the brackets used to hold on the towbar. You can also see the small connecting points were added to the chassis horns. None of these look all that hard to do, which I guess they’re not, but a fair amount of patience was required to get them in place.

And that’s where it sits right now. I’ve started adding detail, but plenty more to go. Oh, and boltheads, lots of them are needed, as I haven’t added any yet.

Thanks for having a look

Cheers
Nick

9 Likes