Kinetic Model US LAW ENFORCEMENT CARRIER | Armorama™

Around here (Sweden) they post a big truck at the start of the road work (where the traffic comes from).
These are equipped with large bumper zones

At a road recovery but road works are essentially the same

Mission accomplished

If the road works is expected to take longer time they cordon it off with heavy concrete barriers preceded by “soft” collision dampeners

2 Likes

Nothing new here in the US. I’ve seen those around forever.

Driver after hitting one:
“I’m gonna’ sue the State because my cellphone is stuck in my eye!”

They should make those collision dampers out of ERA blocks! :boom:

3 Likes

2 Likes

@Uncle-Heavy Certain states in the U.S. have such trucks with the massive rear bumper dampener.

Some road construction workers may be fortunate to have Highway Patrol or a State Trooper sitting in the patrol vehicle watching over them and traffic, but it’s up to the officer to pursue any violators.

4 Likes

Of course pursuit means you have TWO vehicles doing 80+ mph through the construction zone. Plus , here, there are 490 troopers to cover 110,000 square miles … 100,000 miles of roadways … probably close to 100 major road work projects… You do the math. Major project in this area the construction zone is about 5 miles on one freeway, 3 miles on the intersecting one and expected to be finished in 2039!!! (taking a page from Atlanta’s freeway play book. They started the day after Sherman left and still haven’t finished!) Boy,this got off tangent…

2 Likes