Kitty Hawk MH-60S build is FINISHED

Finished the Kitty Hawk 1/35 MH-60S. I went with HSC-6 “Screamin Indians” paint theme. Now, mu version is not 100% accurate to the real thing. As discussed earlier, the riding Indian is incorrect in this kit. There is another aircraft that has this riding Indian on it. Second, the “S” is missing on the HC-6 decals. So with that said, I added the engine air intake covers and the M197 Gatling Gun. Also not, the “war paint” decal that goes on the nose does not fit correctly. So what I did was cut the nose portion off from the door portion and hand painted the blue and red stripes by hand with the white dots that are misaligned. Lastly, in most photo’s I found, the extra fuel tank inside the cargo area is seen, but the kit extra fuel tank is wrong, so I didn’t add it. Sorry, one more thing. Since this is the fuselage from the Pavehawk kit, it does not have the tail hinges to fold the tail as in all Navy birds.

15 Likes

Looks awesome!
You certainly captured that grimy Navy look.

1 Like

that’s a remarkable build you’ve done there, well done indeed

1 Like

Very nice. It came out great.

1 Like

It looks awesome, congratulations on great model👍

1 Like

Congrats for this built, the painting work is fascinating and the model is rich in details.

1 Like

Hey guys, so I work not only on these exact type of Aircraft, but was there when they painted that exact helicopter you modeled after. I served with HSC-6 at the time it had that paint scheme applied by a civilian group of women… and a I think one dude. GREAT JOB you did. Detail is pretty on spot with the model and your color’s. Great job again man. You used to work on these? Also the intake filters we don’t use those ever, would look more authentic without them. Love it brother!

1 Like

The schemes are done by Shayne M. Meder MSgt(R) USAF and her crew at Flygirl Painters. They do great work and have painted a bunch of aircraft.

4 Likes

Nice link Gino, was interesting to look through. And welcome @Justin_Locker … great you actually worked on those aircraft . very cool :+1:

Beautifully detailed build. :+1:

Great job on a very complicated and challenging model!