Kitty Hawk to be rebranded into Trumpeter

As seen in other parts of the interweb, Kittyhawk is to be rebranded as Trumpeter kits, which can only be good news. Availability and price wise can only improve, too. I may just yet break down and grab myself one as I missed out first time round.

3 Likes

So Trumpeter got ahold of Kitty Hawk’s molds? There are a few of the Kitty Hawk kits I would like to get so that is good news. At least for myself.

1 Like

Dont expect we will see the long awaited 1/35th Hueys they had in development though. :expressionless:

Yup, looks like this is happening. Good news. The Kitty Hawk H-60 kits are great. I’m glad they will be available again. Hopefully Trumpeter will continue with what KH had planned. I think they will since they already have a pretty large selection of 1/35 helo kits.

1 Like

Do we have a source on the web? If true, sounds good but some information I got from Floyd Werner and G Coleman at the ODO show a few weeks suggested something else and might not be possible/likely.

The post I saw yesterday said the info came from Gary. So we’ll see what happens.

1 Like

There is also the announced but unreleased Ka 52 in 1/48 which I may break my 1/35 or nothing rule over and grab one.

2 Likes

A 1/48 Ka-52 sounds tempting!

1 Like

I really liked their P39 and Kingfisher kits. Still have one more P39, and really want two more. I have the F5e kit, but it’s just gathering dust right now. Always hoped they’d do a Dauntless or Helldiver
gary

That is great news! There’s a couple of kits I failed to get while they were still Kitty Hawk. I believe that Trumpeter was also picking up the Panda line as well.

1 Like

Yes, and hopefully improve those, too.

1 Like

Kitty Hawk and Panda being assimilated… :thinking: Curiouser and curiouser…

1 Like

Kitty Hawk and Panda were the same company; just their air and ground lines respectively.

1 Like

I could swear that Panda also made some aircraft and ships, aside from their armor kits.

1 Like

That was Panda Models not Panda Hobby. Panda Models is mostly Dragon now. At least for the quick searches on Scalemates.

1 Like

Correct. There was the earlier Panda Models that was owned by the same parent company as Dragon Models. They made the 1/35 Hueys that then became Dragon kits when Panda Models folded.

Panda Hobby was the same company as Kitty Hawk.

1 Like

Those tricky Chicoms… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Kitty Hawk was a maddening company; they did modern 'Hawk variants in 1/35 that I loved but they bollixed the instructions to an unbelievable level. And Panda did some modern vehicles but their plastic was awful and at least one of their kits was unbuildable. I’ll be watching to see what Trumpeter does; I can’t recall the last time they left out all the pictures on a page of instructions.

I didn’t think either was that bad. Corrected instructions were provided and easy to get. Not really an issue. Which kit was unbuildable? I have never seen a kit that is totally unbuildable. Lots that are dogs, but still buildable.

Corrected instructions that I have to find and print out aren’t nearly as good as instructions that aren’t bollixed in the first place. And I think (but am not sure) it was the Panda M-ATV that cemented them in my brain as doodoo. Here’s hoping Trumpeter puts out more 1/35 'Hawk variants, a 1/35 Huey, and whatever other modern equipment that KH and Panda never got to.