Kitty Hawk vs Zimi 1/35 helicopters

Does anyone know what the difference in the 1/35 scale Kitty Hawk and Zimi helicopters. Saw RC Hobbies showing the new run of them. It seemed not to have as much plastic as the Kitty Hawk. Does anyone know if they have omitted anything from the kits…

1 Like

Nothing is new nor different. The Zimi version is simply a renamed/reboxed Kitty Hawk kit. Zimi is somehow connected to Trumpeter as it was originally reported that Trumpeter had bought the molds. I am definitely glad they are back on the market though.

1 Like

Correct. They’re the same. with all the pros and cons, but boy am I glad they are back, because I missed out on quite a few.

1 Like

I was rather hoping for an improved version. At least improve some of the known fit issues and improve the area underneath the seats.

1 Like

Maybe ICM’s announced UH-60A will be better. We shall see.

Review Of The ICM Catalogue 2024 | AeroScale - Site Content Discussions / AeroScale - KitMaker Network

Thier H-6 Littlebirds are quite nice though. No real issues.

2 Likes

Glad to see them back as well .

1 Like

The Putty Truck Industry will see a boost in their revenue … :crazy_face:

2 Likes

AHH! what are we talking about here? Manufacturers or Helicopters? Heavy is showing a UH-60. is that the topic or is it who is making the kit?

1 Like

ICM is producing the next iteration of the Black Hawk, and yes, there will be improvements. Can’t say if the fit will be any better than the Kitty Hawk kit, but it would almost have to be.

1 Like

Yes, we are talking about the Kitty Hawk come Zimi helicopter kits, also about ICMs upcoming/announced UH-60A kit and how it will hopefully have better fit than the KH/Zimi kits.

Is anyone planning on an OH-6a? The Dragon kit shows OOP.

Academy were supposedly coming out with a 1/35th UH-1Y last year, but can’t find anything about that…

All Zimi has to do to make me a fan is to fix the Kitty Hawk rotor head and print coherent instructions.

What is wrong w/the rotor head? I have had no issues w/the rotor head. Do you mean the reversed parts on the SH-60B rotor head? If so, it was fixed in all subsequent SH-60F and later boxings. I don’t know if the Zimi SH-60B has the new parts or not.

Two of mine have the bad rotor heads, so that is indeed what I’m on about.

There is a pretty easy fix for the naval rotor head issue.

I have that printed out for when I get to that assembly stage, but I still shouldn’t have to make that correction.

1 Like