Kubinka, armored vehicles museum

It is quite possible that some people drew attention to the almost complete absence of equipment from the Second World War. Moreover, from all countries and parties.
But certainly no one paid attention to the signs near the entrance to each pavilion. Here’s an example from the last pavilion:

Without translation, it is clear that there is no word Kubinka or anything similar. And indeed, the organization that you know about and that I have been telling you about for the last few days - it doesn’t exist! The Kubinka Armored Vehicles Museum is no more. The organization, which is already more than half a century old, is gone.

But everything remained in place. And you saw it. It’s just that this museum has ceased to be an independent organization, but has become part of another, new and larger organization - Patriot Park.

And the equipment of the Second World War, which was previously located in these same 6 pavilions, moved to another place. I’ll show it to you, you’ll see it. For example, this tank: the first photo is Kubinka, 2015, and the second is Patriot Park, 2019.

(Mystic: there are 4 years between these photographs of the same tank. But the file names are the same! I just discovered it.)

I have heard different opinions on this matter, but from what I have seen myself, shown and will continue to show you, the changes have clearly been beneficial.

I post materials on Kubinka, just like on a bunch of other museums, in Russian on my website www.fromSalekhard.ru . There are already well over a hundred reports there. Just over a third of them have been translated into English. We have many small museums and many historical items that are of interest only to Russians or residents of the USSR.

Nevertheless, you can go over them on the Russian-language part of my site. Simply translating these reports makes no sense. However, if someone thinks the opposite, please let me know. I will be very happy to duplicate the material here in English (everyone seems to understand what I am writing here).

I plan to translate reports on large military-technical museums and post them on this forum. By large museums I mean museums for which one day is not enough. I have already shown you examples of such museums: the Museum in Verkhnyaya Pyshma and the Zadorozhny Museum. The rest will be of the same scale. But there will most likely not be such a very detailed review again. For Kubinka this is the only right decision, because most of the exhibits here are unique, experimental and single specimens. This is a really difficult and tedious task.

Well, since I worked hard and translated the report for you, I duplicated it on my website.

Kubinka. Introduction.
Kubinka. № 1 Heavy tanks and self-propelled guns of the USSR.
Kubinka. № 3 Light and amphibious tanks and APC…
Kubinka. No. 4 Armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles.
Kubinka. No. 5 Armored vehicles of foreign countries
Kubinka. No. 6 Monsters of the Wehrmacht. US armored vehicles.

The text in both cases is almost the same. On this forum there is only one photograph for each exhibit, but on my site there are several (in most cases four - from all diagonals). It’s not because I’m greedy. It’s just that on my website I implemented such a technical possibility, but here on the forum it is impossible. Here I have to insert HTML code into my posts. But here the resolution of the photographs is higher.
You can check. :grinning:

I am finishing the report about Kubinka. Then (someday) I will post a review of the missed pavilion No. 2 and, if they appear there, photos of the new exhibits. Probably even this year.

Thanks for your attention everyone. See you in the next museum!

14 Likes