Late Tiger 1 Dragon 3in1

Cheers Matt… I promise not to over achieve :grin::grin:

I was right about the collar tabs, officers had the white edging, NCOs had none, so instead of scrubbing it off, I just went round the edge with flat black…

Had a look through the bits and pieces tub to see what I could add. Came up with a few items

Also going to try and incorporate the pointing figure that I did in Ryan’s build a figure campaign… Thought I may as well try and utilize him in some way

And what would be a good colour for the Notek light. … Blue ? Red ? … It will be partially covered in dirt anyway… Going to have to use some rod for it …

Have also ordered some Vallejo Rose pink for the edging on the shoulder boards…

3 Likes

No John not “Das Bucket” - don’t stereotype your Tiger! The convoy lights were a deep cobalt blue.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh but I love the bucket :sob:…ok, back in the box it goes…:wave:

2 Likes

Did a few bits and had a rethink about the final set up…
Notek light.

That’s as cobalt blue as I can get …

Have also made some greenery for the display …

And the rethinking the final design…
I was going for just the Comd, loader and the pointy foot slogger…

Have now decided to add the 2 middle chaps, both are about 8 years old ? They need a bit of clean up and repainting some of the details that I now know I can do better…

I know … I’m my own worst enemy… :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Those clothes pins are out of scale and the two middle guys are way too big to be 8 year olds.

6 Likes

It’s the spicy bratwurst lol… It adds years to you lol

3 Likes

So no one panics, the silver foil is not to stop alien thought waves or transmissions from affecting the turret crew …
I am using it as a cover as I want to mold some cam net covered in white glue around the read bin but have it dropping down realistically…

Will also use some tea leaves or dried mixed herbs to give it some texture, but I still want to partially see the rear turret numbers under it.

6 Likes

The Germans didn’t really use camo netting on their vehicles. They used actual pieces of foliage attached to the vehicles by wire or cord.

2 Likes

Yeah I knew about that, I was only using a very small section and used the image of the abandoned Panther I did for “build a photo campaign” which has some cam net remnants on the turret … So it won’t be a full blown cam net…:+1:

1 Like

Well the plan worked out onto shape the small section of cam net. I let it set and fully cure for about 9 hours before I removed it from the silver kitchen foil, and then white glued it in place.

It has the desired effect of hiding some of the rear bin vehicle number which was what I wanted…

I painted over most of the dried herbs I sprinkled over it for texture with olive green.

Will work on the crew and get those near to being finished tomorrow…

8 Likes

Holy COW! I’ve been at this hobby for almost 50 years and back to school it is again UGH, but thank you Hee Hee!

2 Likes

I think since joining this site and the forums, my modelling and tips and skill knowledge has improved 110% … And that still only brings me up to near 50% of most of the modellers here …so much to learn…

4 Likes

Decided to make things a bit more difficult and drag it out a bit longer lol…

Going to add one of these to the final base area, as transport for the panzer grenadier officer and section leader who wanted a quick impromptu battle brief and new orders for close tank support …

Need to find some painting references now :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Watch Raiders of the Lost Ark :slight_smile:

1 Like

John you’re an OUTSTANDINGLY skilled modeler in my book! Always enjoy seeing your work and learn something new. You tackle very intimidating kits like HMS Victory, build & complete. :clap:

Much respect!

2 Likes

Ditto! Much respect and admiration!

2 Likes

Thanks Wade and Matt, (doffs his cap in return). This is seriously a fantastic, friendly site to learn and show stuff without being judged … I know I enjoy it a 100% more showing my completed builds here than at any show etc. The feedback is always spot on, helpful, and always greatly received…

4 Likes

Ok, calling the whole 3 in 1Tiger and extras all done now.
Very nice kit, and with the DEF Zimm it finished it off just right.

Took a bit longer than anticipated as I added crew, then 2 more Pzr Grenadiers and a motorcycle to act as their transport…

Used an old generic groundwork base and just revamped it here and there…

No particular order…

I like how it looks like an impromptu briefing between the Infantry commander and one of his platoon SNCOs who he has dragged along, to show the Tiger detachment commander where he needs support…

Used the AK RC German set for the Tiger and then various AK and Tamiya and Vallejo paints for the rest.

That’s it … Good fun build and I like doing the extra detailing on the figures…
Stay safe :+1:

12 Likes

Great job! Looks very nice

2 Likes

Splendid outcome John! Great job using the zimmerit, outstanding camo pattern and really cool figures. You’ve even included the ever-present pointing German. Excellent detailing and superb uniforms. A fantastic build!

1 Like