Late Tiger 1 Dragon 3in1

Figures are looking good. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks matey… Once the flesh goes on and hair colour along with the shoulder board and cap piping etc, that should make them look a lot better :+1:

2 Likes

How are you going to paint the flesh?

Will start with the 955 flat then try some dry brushing with the others.

2 Likes

That camo uniform looks quite good!

1 Like

That camouflage looks great! 44 dot?

1 Like

Not sure about 44 but definitely 2022 off the cuff SWAG … Glad you like it though :+1:

3 Likes

Looks like 44 dot. From part of the Stanton repro German winter reversible to white parka collection: spring/fall 44 dot and splinter A.

1 Like

All joking aside, I was just trying to follow the lower pattern on the box painting instructions…

The one above it looks like a 44… Nice collection though :+1:

3 Likes

Did you use any particular method, follow any particular painting guide or just wing it based on the boxart?

Looking good either way.

3 Likes

Total wing it… Glad you like it though. I did the initial cam, then left it for a day or 2 and went back and did pin point detailing using xf 27 to gap fill.

2 Likes

Great stuff - looks oak leafy enough to me. I think I’ll try the wing it method instead of trying to follow painting guides on YouTube in the hope it’ll come out as good as yours.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Well spotted :+1:

2 Likes

I had a quick look at the guide then really just winged it. I started with a base coat of Tamiya xf52, then patched in areas with xf27. Let that dry and mixed Tamiya xf 5 green 50%, xf 3 yellow 30% and xf4 yellow green and xf2 white about 10 % each and put in patches and small spots of that over the previous 2 then after all that had dried, went back and did the pin prick dots of xf27 to gap fill.

2 Likes

Nice job n the uniform Johnny

2 Likes

Seriously didn’t realise how much time had gone by…
So, let’s get the Tiger done.

The wagon is pretty much there. Some detailing to finish and I need to find/make a Notek convoy light, the Commander will get the Archer collar tabs and cuff band ( and hand and cap lol) and the loader will get tidied up.
Then the base display needs a tidy up and rejigged

5 Likes

Dragged the display base out, it’s my old go to generic one I did years ago. Still works ok and with a bit a TLC will bring it back to life.
Made the main start on the commander…
Collar tabs, sleeve eagle, cuff band (Das Reich) are on.

I need to double check the collar rank against the shoulder boards and see if they are black with pink edging or silver with pink edging… I can’t remember about the collar tabs … were the non edged black ones NCOs and the white edged ones officers ? Will try and look it up tomorrow…

The decals are the Archer dry set. I will be using a German generic number set I came across for the turret rear bin, so that was a bonus.

6 Likes

In fact I may need to do the SS one again as it slipped down slightly and only just noticed it, and it has a white edge as to the rank one doesn’t… Will need to check that tomorrow :thinking:

2 Likes

Those figure decals look fantastic John. The perfect ending to trim out your Tiger. It looks stunning now - can’t wait to see it done.

1 Like