Latest mobile update

@staff_Jim, I do appreciate all the work you have done on the site. I am currently not excited with the latest update.

The upper right, one could easily navigate to the new, tracked or just the latest posts across the platform regardless of status. Now none of those easy navigation tools seem to exist.

2 Likes

Thought it was just me losing my mind. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Guess I’ll get used to the change… or not.

Creature of habit. :shark:
—mike

1 Like

It’s not my work specifically, but the work of a team of developers at Discourse. Are you logged in on the mobile version? Because this is what I see…

2 Likes

Also if you are trying to reach Latest you can find that here…

2 Likes

Could it be that ‘Latest’ was changed to ‘Everything’ in that tab?
—mike

I believe Everything just takes you to the main categories page (the homepage).

1 Like

FWIW, I believe an update (perhaps the same update?) modified the desktop behavior as well. I liked the previous format when clicking on my icon in the upper right, but I can see the value of the new layout, but it will take a bit of getting used to I imagine.

1 Like

Losing your mind is still a possibility, just not this time on the change issue. Because of the change is still possible. :upside_down_face::rofl:

1 Like

I guess maybe not technically the mobile app but safari on my phone.

Maybe it’s a setting or new feature but this split screen when posting is less then ideal. Feels like ease and function are going the wrong direction.

What I have figured out. Click the upper right 3 horizontal lines.

Click the everything button on the upper left.

Then back to the right with New and Unread.

These dang Kids need to get off my lawn and stop changing everything.

1 Like

What happens when you hold your phone in landscape mode?

I’ve always seen the split-screen in Safari on my MacBook Pro and my iPad Pro where I find it a useful editing tool. Doesn’t split on my iPhone 12 Pro. I think that’s due to the smaller screen size.

1 Like

Landscape on the phone gives even a smaller screen. We had this issue with our club website where the graphics and such don’t scale correctly when the phone is turned.

:cry: missing the old layout.

That’s odd. My iPhone goes right to landscape when I turn it sideways. What phone are you using?

1 Like

I have an XR. It turns but the screens and graphics don’t automatically scale correctly.

1 Like

Are you up to date with Apple’s latest iOS 16.4? Even if so, I’m thinking this might be Apple related.

No, I am at 16.2.

I am using an Apple, but I’m also using Chrome so I don’t see that split screen. Safari is just odd to me.

3 Likes

A funky feature.

Here’s how it looks on my iPhone. No split.

1 Like

And here it is on my iPad with split, which is fine with the larger display.

PS: I just noticed the double arrow (<<) at bottom right which collapses the split… sorry, only on iPad.

1 Like