LAV 3 Scenic base

Yeah, it kinda burned me out. There is more that is not shown.

1 Like

That weathering is about as realistic as it gets, impressive work! I love the contrast of the gear and the rig, tones are subtle, but distinct. Ruck On!

2 Likes

magic

1 Like

We appreciate your sacrifices!

I want to say it is done because honestly this model was a very frustrating ride and I don’t know if I have the energy to add more detail and try harder on it. I might come back to it in the future once I get a little more experience because I am still quite new. I had issues with the basics and I will try to do a simpler model to really try and get the fundamentals down.

I will get professional photos done courtesy of my photographer sister and post them here but here is some potatoe photos from my phone.

Any critique so far for my next model is well appreciated.

21 Likes

Seriously ?? It’s hard to critique something that good !! The Dio base is not overly worked and it has a very realistic look to it, …the vehicle. I mean it is seriously good.

The only thing I would say on the stowage is a very small point but nowadays or when I was on wagons and upto now, it’s very rare for turret crews to be hatches down with their personal rifles left in side baskets magged up ready to go… That is really my only point… Even if you had one turret crew showing that would be enough…

Fantastic build, finish and presentation :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, when they go hatches down they pull them in. I didn’t fully decide on the stowage til I finished building the LAV and at the time of the build I did not find any good enough figures to put in those hatches. But yes. you are right.

1 Like

It doesnt take away the simple fact its a fantastic build :+1: :+1:

Thank you!

Are you kidding me? This build is just exquisite. Don’t touch it. (Except for the personal weapons). Don’t do anything to it. This really turned out exceptional. It’s got just the right look and feel and you certainly detailed the snots out of everything. This is truly an outstanding model, beautifully presented.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Top notch finale Andrew. I look forward to seeing your diorama in person.

1 Like

If you changed anything later you’d be messing with perfection. Fantastic work.

1 Like

Amazing!!! I just look at the pictures for hours.

1 Like

Can it get any better!! I think it’s perfect

2 Likes

Just knowing about all the pe and effort that went into the vehicle makes this one beauty LAV .

2 Likes

Very cool!

Lots of surface details on the LAV 3 an the “dusty flatness” gives the entire scene a “low color tonal war photo-like quality.” Thumbs way up!

1 Like

Excellent work on the vehicle and the base.

Cheers,
Ralph

Really nice work.

Happy Modeling,
Zon

Here are the final photos!

Took a long time to finally get these done but here ya go.

26 Likes