Let's see your Workbench

My area, reclaimed when my daughter took her brothers room upstairs when he moved out. I didn’t wait on a repaint because that is how you lose the beachhead. :wink:

6 Likes

There’s that 1 square foot of space you actually work in…

1 Like

To be honest I strive to keep about 6 square feet as work space. 3x2 feet.

I would like more too. The wife and daughter want to cabinet the wall (top and bottom) to hide my stuff but I fear they will steal the space then. Have to shut the door to keep the cats out anyway so that is good enough for me. I guess I could go extreme and finish those projects but that seems like too radical of an idea. :crazy_face:

1 Like

There is a hobby cupboard that only fits your stuff in.

I think it’s part of a larger scheme (converting another room into a foster kitten area) to met her wants and she hopes I fall for the first part. I am trying to hold out as long as I can til one or more of the kids moves out.

1 Like

Build a kitten area attached to the house, puts that one to sleep as leverage.

Frank, your behind the times, that idea was floated like 4 months ago maybe even earlier. I cannot keep up with all the fantasy ideas that these wimmen’s been giving me for free because they are so helpful. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They sure get board easy, and plan a lot of things when not needed.

Tell the girls you’re going to open a Chinese restaurant, and they’ll find someplace else for the kittens right quick! :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: the problem is the wife has turned into Carol Baskin, so I have to sleep with one eye open otherwise I become cat stew.

2 Likes

My little corner of zen

9 Likes

Here is my work space I re located to the basement last year because our newborn took my upstairs modeling room, I have changed the room

around a few times but here is the present day pics and my stash included

9 Likes

Those trucks look interesting! Any chance of some close up photos and maybe a little description, models, conversion, scratch, the build etc?

thank you robin,yes some are resin/conversions,other are built out of box, i love vietnam era gun trucks,when i get home i can take more pics and possibly post in another forum geared towards builds?

2 Likes

Hello all,

Its always fun to see everyones little (or not so little) escape corner.

Here has been my on-and-off workstation the last 7 years. Due to my studies, work and girlfriends never had a chance to build a proper station.

However now that I am single once more and thanks to covid I am at home most of the time with no easy way to meet someone new. I have decided to cut into savings a little and woro on a hobby corner. The first step was taken with the clearing of boxes and the addition of the small cabinet.

Hope to have it done by the end of the month, I am excited to have a spot I dont need to pack up every time people come over.

Regards,

6 Likes

@farrigno those gun trucks look sweet!

Thank you sir! I am posting them on the constructive feedback site

1 Like

Hey all,

So my workbench is slowly coming together, and so far I am happy with my progress. Its about 75% ready. Still need to add some shelves, and I will always have the ability to add a few more if needed. I will definitely need to add some LED strips on the lower shelves for better lighting.

Let me know what you think and what should be added?
Regards,

7 Likes

Slight revamp, books holder to references & instructions & shote holder as a small shelf for tools etc.

7 Likes