Let's see your Workbench

Wow! Lots of interesting ideas of how to set up a workbench. I might get myself a minifridge, in particular. I’ll post a picture of my hobby room later on, but right now have to head off to bed.

Quoting can be done in two ways:

1. Mark the text in the other post and click to confirm that you want to quote
    nr 1 works fine as long as there isn’t any linebreaks in the post which brings us to nr
  2. Select and copy-paste the text into your own post (into the editing dialogue) mark the text again and click the big quote sign in the toolbar along the upper edge of the edit dialogue

Wow! That’s a lot of styrene!:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Wow! I can honestly say I’ve been served, after checking out the thread ‘Let’s look at our stash’ I was admittedly impressed (dumbfounded really) but now that I’ve seen the work spaces I just feel humbled, you guys are dedicated. TVs, PC’s, cots, beds, fridges, man! I finally bought a sprue nipper a couple weeks ago and thought to myself " you’re in the big leagues now" been using nail clippers for years, next on my list is replacing my compressor, sounds like it’s gonna explode at any moment. Well seeing your pics has been therapeutic in their own way. It’s time I get comitted to the hobby. I like that I only buy what I can build though, otherwise collecting kits becomes the obsession. Thanks for sharing, you each have my admiration and highest regard!:relieved:

4 Likes

Humm… Robin, me thinks you are a kit collector who dabbles in modeling.
Do you have a prized kit hidden in your collection that you haven’t built?

I have a sh*tload of kits lurking in the stash :blush:
Small, big, huge and in between. I was never tempted by the 1/35th Dora though, I felt uncertain about the correctness …
I don’t think I could point to any one kit as the “jewel” of the collection though

No aircon make life hard in the tropics. I saw the fan, I started off with the something similar and had to make the plunge. It gets a bit glue smelly in the summer but hey nothing like being cool working on something we love to do. :+1:

Good choice or rum. Love the Bottle of Bundy in the corner. Nice :beers: :grinning:

Michael.

Impressive stuff! Those of you with those enormous stashes - when do you ever have time to build? It would look like you spend all your time in acquisition mode!

@TopSmith - thanks for teaching!

If, in the near future, I can find this thread again, I might upload the 2 pictures it will take to capture the entirety of my workbench!

Tim

Usually I haven’t. That’s my big problem at the moment :cry:

First, you go to the AMPS Internationals every year and come home with 40 or 50 kits in the back of your truck. That quickly builds an impressive stash. Then, you retire from the Army, get remarried to someone who accepts the stash, build yourself a studio when the kids move out, and spend the rest of your days building models and grooving on tunes. :grin:

8 Likes

nice Tony ! looks like you dont have gas there ( Elect A W H in background ) . you can get get a Eelectric space heater down there for those days . thats what I use. If I ever get to Delaware Im taking over one of the garages !!

1 Like

First, you go to the AMPS Internationals every year and come home with 40 or 50 kits in the back of your truck. That quickly builds an impressive stash. Then, you retire from the Army, get remarried to someone who accepts the stash, build yourself a studio when the kids move out, and spend the rest of your days building models and grooving on tunes.

Blockquote

So, I guess the first thing I need to do is get me a truck!! :laughing:

1 Like

Just do it Lou !!!

So here’s a silly question about this thread: Is it categorized in any of the kitmaker categories? I see, on this browswer I’m using (Firefox) this thread just pops up on the side of all the sites and their categories. So does it reside in any particular place? It would be nice if there was a “path” (like “Other stuff=>no category=>stuff”) listed somewhere on this page, so that in the future, if I wanted to come back to this thread, I’d at least have an idea where to start looking. Any thoughts?

Tim

Mate i would trade my beer fridge for your AirCon right away if you like it!.. I live in Far North QLD … :cold_sweat:… in the summer no Aircon no Modeling in the Cave, i do what I can on the table in the living room but i like smelly thinners.
P.S…Jeez … it’s not that easy to quote !!

What no Tooeys? When I was in Sidney everyone drank Tooeys. Well then again that was back in '79.

Yup, 2005 Mitsubishi Montero. Seats 7, or 50 1/35 scale kits plus luggage and aftermarket! :+1:

1 Like

Yes. Along with Armorama, Aeroscale, etc., there is an “Uncategorized” Section, which this thread is in.

So I guess I need to upgrade my 2003 Ford Escape with its paltry 66 cubic feet of storage space! :laughing:

Thanks. The problem is, none of the sites or categories are highlighted, so I don’t know where I’m even at! This particular thread popped on the right-hand column, labelled “Latest Posts”…but as I said, since there’s no path listed, in the future, I’ll spend probaby too much time trying tohunt this thread down, and just wind up abandoning the effort. :confounded:

This is NOT MY stash, but it belongs to a good modeling friend. It’s in a detached, two-car garage that is filled floor to ceiling (with even more models in the enclosed attic space). There are double rows of shelves down the middle and shelves around the walls. There are cartons of models on the floor.

I can’t put his name out in public since I haven’t asked him about posting these, but when ever I hear about model stashes, this is the one I think about…

(Any guys in my AMPS club who know who this is, keep it to yourself, LOL!)

And, no, the stash doesn’t belong to this guy either… Although some of you may recognize him from his vendor tables at various model shows:

Tiger Werke Resin

2 Likes