Look what I found Today - Hawker Hunter FGA 9

I took a little trip to San Antonio today, AND I Found THIS…

7 Likes

I Might also add a few accessories that I picked up during my visit to a couple of Hobby shops in San Antonio Yesterday

1 Like

That Hunter is an excellent kit. All it needs is some improvement to the seat, or better yet a replacement seat. Nice score!

Thanks, I was thinking about doing some scratch building, wires etc to beef it up. Any suggestions? If I replace it, what should I look for? Resin kit that much I know. But what type? It’s a Martin Baker isn’t it ?

Another thing about this. Is I had built one Year’s ago. And just before I was set to finish it. My Wife & I moved…But I accidentally left it behind. I couldn’t believe I did that. So it was really nice getting another one. And I paid Under $40.00s for it.

A good find. Revell’s big scale Hunter really is a lovely kit. I made a start on one a few years ago, but it got packed up in a house move. Another one I really do need to dig out and finish (don’t we all have those projects :grin:)

Anyway, the seat is a Martin Baker Mk.3H. Hopefully that will help you track down an aftermarket replacement or improve the seat with scratch built items.

1 Like

I found one thru Sprue Brothers for a decent price. And ordered it yesterday. I haven’t started it yet. So hopefully it should get here in a few days.

1 Like

Did yours have all the options and decals for the Swiss version?

Hope you plan on doing a build log. Would be great to see it all come together.

Nope. Mine straight R.A.F. But I Can get Swiss markings. Oh Yeah I Always take pictures as I build. I will definitely Share them with you.

2 Likes

Ah that’s a bugger. Wonder if it was something only the European release had? Mine has some optional bits for the fuselage and AGM-65’s and launch rails. The 1/72 has the same options.

The Ejection seat arrived Yesterday can’t wait to get it done. Though I’m also waiting for some paint that I also need for it ( flat aluminum/ Tamiya) that should arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday.

2 Likes

That is exactly the resin seat I used in my 1/32 build. It is a rather nice kit. I also built the Echelon 1/32 kit which was a multi-media kit and was the only game in town before the Revell kit. They also did a 1/32 Lightning.

The Revell kit build nicely and the decals are rather nice too…maybe Quints will do a cockpit decal set fro it!?

Steve,

So I Finally had time to sit down and start in on the FGA-9 Painted the cockpit interior, I’m not sure if I’m going to use the Resin Ejection seat. I’m not certain how to make it fit. I know to cut it from the base. But does it just sit in the tub afterwards. Anyway here’s a picture of what I’m done so far

Better picture

2 Likes

Another quick update ( picture)

4 Likes

I put the two cockpit halves together last night. But had to struggle with it a little, getting them to align properly, the ejection seat gave me some issues as well. But I finally got it into place. So at Least that’s done.

3 Likes

Going together well. To be honest, looking at the kit seat and its detailing, and what you can actually see once its fitted, I would of stayed with that anyway and not bothered with a resin seat for it. Looking forward to the next update :+1:

2 Likes

And welcome Steve … Any images of your build ?

1 Like

Thanks. It’s getting there. The seat was abit of a pain. ( When am I ever going to learn. Build First, Then Paint ?) If I had done that. It wouldn’t have been such a pain. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Seat looks good. I remember I bought Eduard’s etch cockpit set for mine. The seatbelt straps came as tiny individual buckles you had to attach etch straps to. Lots of parts! I gave up with it as I could not get it to settle down and look natural, just looked rigid and stiff. Eventually used painted paper with the etch buckles stuck on top.

They use a similar system for the etch straps for the 1/32 Lynx and Hawk. As much as I like Eduard’s kits, their PE is maddening!