Look What the Tide Washed Up! (Model Shipwrights)

So I always thought that the thread highlighting new kits that everyone bought or received was a great idea. It brought attention to kits that some builders may not be aware of. With that in mind I hope this is acceptable.

I will start, over the past couple of weeks the postman has brought my recent acquisitions with a primary focus on IJN Cruisers -

The top kit is the Aoshima 1/350 IJN light Cruiser Nagara and the botom is the Aoshima 1/350 IJN Light Cruiser Isuzu

What is not pictures is the IJN Heavy Cruiser Maya - yes I built it before but it was destroyed in a move - now that I am permanent it is a great time to rebuild.

I hope this thread keeps going.

Dave

8 Likes

That’s a great haul!

1 Like

Some nice acquisitions there, Dave… yep-I reckon this thread will keep going! :grin:

2 Likes

Nice catch Dave! I´ve build the Isuzu about one or two years before - she have a lot AA-guns :smirk:

In case you didn´t knew: There are upgrade sets for both the Isuzu and the Kuma; I believe it was Flyhawk.

Cheers

Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks - looking forward to cracking them open - I have the Flyhawk upgrade for the nagara, need to acquire the one for the Isuzu and the Maya.

David

I saw some Black Cat 3D printed Type 96 IJN Dual 25mm AA guns listed on ebay. Normally use Infini Model PE set but figured I’d give the Black Cats a try. They arrived today and to be honest they look good. Might need to add PE aiming reticles

We’ll see how well they take paint soon. Might just use them on the Tama

David

4 Likes

WOW, these look great! I find myself becoming a huge Black Cat fan!

Tim,

I do admit that they look good - anxious to get them off the sprue so that I can get a better look at them.

David

I have been in a spending spree lately trying to acquire those hard to find kits. The postman delivered one such kit today.

1/350 Aoshima IJN Light Cruiser Kuma

I also scored a 1/350 Aoshima Kinu today which rounds out Aoshima’s 5,500 ton IJN Light Cruiser line

David

2 Likes

Here is my recent acquisition.
cover

I have no idea why I bought this, but it looks impressive in the box. Even the box is impressive.

5 Likes

Nice acquisition Gary!

It’s the only ship kit I have that was made in the 21st Century. Most of my ship kits are pre-Gulf War; a few are early '70s.

All the bits for this have finally arrived. Turned barrels are in a baggie as they came loose during shipping. Thank god the seller sealed the package so tightly or they would have gone missing I am sure.

This will be my entry for the Burning Coal build when it gets started.

4 Likes

Ooo, nice… Always liked the look of these kits :slight_smile:

The Konig will be awesome!

I’ve always liked the (what I consider to be) austere look of the German dreadnoughts.

The post office dropped off two packages today!! The stash is growing!!

I already have this diorama planned out in my head

David

6 Likes

Finally got one :slightly_smiling_face:

Now to do some research on any difference between Cleveland and the Mighty Ninety USS Astoria.

Luciano - nice acquisition - Very Fire just released the USS Birmingham version of the Cleveland Class Light Cruiser as well.

David

Flyhawk S-7, PT and MAS boats from global toy

It arrived in NY, then spent 3 days in NJ. then took 3 days to get to OH, a day to get to my local post office several hours north of Detroit, THEN went to Pennsylvania where it sat for 4 days, then to Detroit, and finally arrived today

Hey all, keeping with my acquisition of Imperial Japanese Navy Cruisers I present Aoshima’s 1/350 IJN Heavy Cruiser Nachi

Couple more and the line up will be complete

David

2 Likes