Look What the Tide Washed Up! (Model Shipwrights)

Nice cruiser David, it’s a shame Aoshima are so hard to get over here in Blighty and import/postage costs well just push that price out of the water. I have managed to get a few over the years on a basically you see you snap it up.

1 Like

This looks like it’s going to be an awesome dio, can’t wait to see some build ups. My hat’s off to you navy guys, anything below 1:48 is beyond my skill level, your AA gun kit looks intimidating enough. I suppose this will keep you busy over the upcoming new year.

Cajun

Luciano - I understand your pain with regards to acquiring Aoshima kits - they have become quite difficult to acquire at reasonable prices since Aoshima is not producing the 1/350 line at the moment, and if they are it is very limited. I have resigned myself that i will be paying high prices to complete the line - I search ebay everyday hoping that one will pop up. If there is anything I can do to help your attempts at acquisition please let me know.

David

Cajun,

Thanks - AI cant wait to get started - it’s almost a disease as I formulate the plan in my mind and I start to obsess on it - but I need to finish off the Tama before I get started on the Heian Maru - would be ideal to finish the Shokaku as well but I’m not sure I can hold off that long!!!

David

1 Like

I’m right there with ya brother. I studied on my 'Nam Diorama for 25 yrs and finally started on it 10 yrs and two divorces ago and I’m only 30% complete, sometimes it’s overwhelming and I wish I had just stuck with vignettes but it is what it is.

Cajun

1 Like

This just sailed into my hands today, its the Revell platinum edition Flower class corvette! :grin:
Imgur

4 Likes

Cool, now you can tell everybody you got a corvette for Christmas! :smile:

Merry Christmas Young Gun!
Cajun

1 Like

Merry Christmas to you too Terry!

1 Like

This arrived under the tree from Santa this year. I am very very happy with this book!

5 Likes

Now that is the kind of reading material I enjoy.

Mark :beer:

Rory, A great gift, no doubt about it :+1:

I’ve the Victorious edition of that series, the only frustrating parts were: no real detailed hull lines drawing provided; and no mention of what scale each drawing is :hushed:

A very small kit, but nevertheless a very lovely one, will look great sitting next to my cruisers and battleships…

Thanks to SSN Modellbau for producing this little gem!

2 Likes

And one more, as I have the ‘DKM’ Schleswig-Holstein in her 1935 appearance from Trumpeter and really like to see the difference between the pre-WW I and the WW II outfit, but didn’t want to have two Schleswig-Holsteins, there was this offer from Kombrig:

Just amazing all around, but the part count and the 27 pages strong instructions leave me a little bit in awe…

I’m really looking forward to that build, but that’s one for quiet times, time with a lot more bench time than I can afford now.

Some more impressions of the excellent detail and a little size comparison with Gneisenau…

3 Likes

Both of those look like beautiful kits! I would love to see you build the KFK it looks like a little gem!

1 Like

Looks like you’re steadily building up a stash of resin kits there, Jan :hugs:

1 Like

Well, not really a stash…just the KFK and the SMS Elsass…for now :thinking: :innocent: but still waiting for several ships to be produced in 1/350 styrene…

And the KFK will certainly be build soon, I’d think it’s a good distraction/recreation when Gneisenau makes trouble - and she will, earlier or later…

Cheers
Jan

2 Likes

Amazon delivered this the other day. Also covers the NR-1. Looks real nice.
DSC00005

2 Likes

Great thread. Glad you created it. I jut found it.

Here’s my latest.

Postman brought this yesterday and it’s under guard of the fierce Sir Chompsalot:

Fun fact about this model. I built it 1975, Aug 22-24. Motorized option. Because of the multi-colored plastic (the one-piece hull is molded in both gray and red)I did little painting. It is pretty banged up but I still have it. (I think.) When I build the new one, I’ll use some parts from the first one.

I bought this one today:

The postman brought this one today.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, just catching up = all your requisitions look great. Can’t wait to see what else slides in along the shorelines.

David

Fred nice haul, just a little fact about the Vosper which you may already know. There is a small box on the aft deck which Mr. Tamiya when taking photos etc of the real boat included in the kit, the ‘box’ was in fact one of the dockyard workers lunch box. Came across this many years ago but I don’t know which ‘box’ is the correct suspect.

2 Likes