LZ Models (35201) 1/35 German Water Crane

LZ Models (35201) 1/35 German Water Crane

LZ Models (35201) German Water Crane223609-10244-62-pristine

Hi guys, Thought I’d share this simple little build from the past. Thank’s for having a look!

As a former model railroader, I’ve always had a fascination for water towers. So in 2014, when I saw the LZ Models offering, I thought this might be a good first-time full resin kit experience for me. The kit was very enjoyable despite a learning-curve associated with using CA to completely assemble a model kit for my first time. :hammer_and_wrench:

Being new to using CA, I found that gluing and holding the turnbuckle/wire assemblies together provided quite the challenge for this newbie. :crazy_face:

There was just something about the chain hanging so loosely over the pulley — just falls off too easily. So I fashioned a wheel cage out of paper card to keep it from jumping the groove. :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

Once everything held-together, I rattled a can of Tamiya (87064) Fine Grey Surface Primer.

Here’s the finished model.

Aftermarket:
LZ Models, (65601) Precision Very Fine Chain

Paint Callouts:
Primer: Tamiya (87064) Fine Grey Surface Primer (rattle-can)
Base Color: Vallejo Base Grey (71.097)
End Spout: Vallejo Chocolate (70.872)
Hand Wheel: Vallejo Scarlet (70.817)

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

PS: I just realized, there’s no chain in the final photos. I’ll need to update these really old poor quality images at some stage.

5 Likes

Haha, I was gonna say. Great job on the build and paint. I bought the Miniart kit

1 Like

Looks great and like the paint callouts.

I want to see the diorama it will go in. :+1:

1 Like

That’s a gem Mike, really beautiful work! What Ryan said, so all you need is one of these to go with it – after all I do owe you a favour for those tram brake wheels you kindly donated…

:tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Mike, thanks for posting this. Great work on the water column.

1 Like

Thank’s kosprueone!
When MiniArt started offering all of that cool railway stuff, my imagination took off big time! Sadly, before continuing down that rabbit hole, I’ve sold-off all railway related kits. :railway_track::rabbit:

—mike

1 Like

Ryan, Tim, and Fred, Thank’s for the nice comments — always appreciated!
Steam, styrene, and dioramas… oh my! If only you could see inside my head.:bulb::thinking::spider_web:

—mike

a styrene steam scene …

1 Like

Build it, build it, build it……:crazy_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

With chain…

“It feels like rain”…

Cheers! :grin:
—mike

4 Likes

That looks great. Add a small base and your done. :+1:

1 Like

Oh the pressure from you guys! … I buckled and ordered the MiniArt (35568) Railway Track with Dead End – European Gauge. I’ll try to whip-up a small vignette using the Water Crane, a short section of track and the two characters loitering about.

My thinking… what purpose would a water crane serve without being along a track siding?

—mike

1 Like

True, I was thinking a small small base. You could have scratched most of the rail as it would have been the edge but I like where this is going. :+1:

1 Like