M-18 Hellcat Build Blog Completed

Now it’s time to get back to the serious builds. The M18 Hellcat is one that I have recently developed an interest in. With that I went on a reference image hunt and have compiled several to start with. After looking at the kit there are definitely some issues that need to be corrected.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

So far there is allot missing from the transmission . nothing a bit of evergreen and wire cant fix . This does not even complete step 1 .
There is more missing but I will need to come back to that when I know where other stuff fits in exactly.

3 Likes

A bit more of the drivers area is made . It still needs some refinement.

3 Likes

Progress is slow today . A little bit more done on adding the missing goodies to the Hellcat.
It was a therapy day , so the grey matter was feeling a little overwhelmed , tomorrow will be a better day.

3 Likes

Wow that’s some excellent scratch building there Chris.

Have you looked at the Osprey Building US Army Tank Destroyers by Steve Zaloga? He has a interesting chapter on the M18 and the utility vehicle converted from the M18. Hope this helps, Joel.

@metalhead85 . Thank you. Im trying to embrace subjects I have always looked past . fortunately or unfortunately it has become a obsession.
That is step one in the instructions for the kit . That front end will end up being much fuller.

@joelsmith . No i haven’t seen that one . I guess I need to go find a copy now

I just found the Steve Zaloga . modelling US Army tank destroyers . Got it on kindle and can see that I see some of the same issues that Zaloga did … This is going to be a great help . It covers the M36 and the M10 … Those are on my build list.
Also just for kicks and giggles I also got the Sherman book by Zaloga
Al these years building cold war soviet has made me lool past all these

1 Like

Well the good news about this build is all the things I thought that needed correcting or scratch building have been confirmed…the bad news about this build is all the things I thought needed correcting or scratch building have been confirmed.

1 Like

@joelsmith . I down loaded that zaloga last night and it looks like Im going to be trying to add 10 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag . This will be fun

The drivers area is almost where I want it to be now . Some things will still be added as other ares are done .

3 Likes

Now I believe its time to finally move past the driver area.

4 Likes