M1 Abrams Reforger 83

Yes of course, I hadn’t considered the Abrams’ thirst for fuel, thanks

The black or tan plastic 5 gallon jugs are for water… Unless they are painted brightly with prominent colors showing that they have been used for fuel or oil and are no longer to be used for water. You have four crewmen on a tank, and each one should theoretically should be drinking a gallon per day.
Metal 5 gallon jerry cans are usually for lube oils. Fuel comes from tanker trucks in most situations.

…and for the fixing extra load on turret roof?
many thanks in advance

We never had anything really stored up there as the bustle rack was big enough and there really isn’t anything to tie down to. You’d have to run a rope from one side of the bustle rack on the side of the turret to the other side.

Oh understand, thanks @Dan, so in your opinion it’s quite credible this kind of load assembling done on the turret?

2 Likes

I would suggest losing the Commo wire spool and the Butt Packs. Butt packs were not an issue item, and are most commonly seen with dismounted troops who need the extra carrying capability.
Field phone usage, how common is that in tanker units? Only in assembly areas? In long term defend in place positions? Obviously not for a fluid defend in sector prepared positions, because those will be very fluid in their occupation.

Well, so the crew usually what stored on the turret racks during the exercises?
If also I make a copy of a picture, since is not clearly visible the stowage, I would like to add something of credible

I would disagree about the spool of wire as it is used to wire tanks together in defensive positions. I don’t think it would be stored there as it overhangs the edge of the tank.
As said butt packs are not issued to tankers then.

Ah ok, once again thanks @Dan, for the spool of wire I have only followed Eduard’s instruction, so no butt pack, yes about Alice pack (large/small), no sleeping bag, yes sleeping mat, duffel bag and tent?

Camo net and tarp here

Unknown what goodies wrapped in a tarp, and road wheel here

Same for this one, plus a Hoffman device on the bore evacuator

All that stuff, plus a case of MREs

Can of oil on this one

4 Likes

Great, thanks @Stikpusher, at this point I could add some stuff and cover its with a tarpaulin, and teorically i solved my problem :roll_eyes:

Great images Carlos, they brought back do many memories of the massive all area exercises we used to do in Germany… Good days

1 Like

Yes, each tank is issued a tarp and it was used to cover all the gear.

1 Like

Good morning to all, question about forest green, I have the AK 4013 but watching the various pics posted till now the M1 color looks more like a greynish tone than a greenish tone, while the 4013 is more greenish, so which one is corret, greynish or greenish?
here an example, first profile more similar to 4013, while second profile more greynish
img20200318_14574421

1 Like

AK Real Colors sells RC083 Green in their #19 US Army Modern Vehicles set, which is the top color in your illustration, FS34102. This is a lighter basic green but is not NATO green. AK Real Colors also has in their line separately RC027, Forest Green, FS34079, which is a true Forest Green for single color modern US Vehicles. It matches the bottom color in your illustration. The Forest Green is the correct color. In the US, single bottles of AK Real Color are available from Microworld Games and Scale Hobbyist.

3 Likes

Here’s a wind sensor cap from a M60A3 that is in Forest green.

3 Likes

Here is my TFFT WIP in AK Real Color RC027 Forest Green FS34079. It still needs washes and mild weathering, which will darken the color.

13 Likes

That is looking very impressive Matt… Well done

1 Like

It matches the cap very well.

1 Like

so extrimely dark (the cap) and the TFFT color really looks like Humbrol enamel 66 if also the comparison chart give it as Humbrol 116 or Vallejo 71.016
BTW amazing job @SSGToms

1 Like