M1085 PATRIOT ECS Truck - PATRIOT PAC-3 Battery Vehicle Build #3

This looks really nice - it’s hard to believe how much can be squeezed into such a small space!

Nick

1 Like

Thanks guys. More to come soon as the LTAS cab parts are sitting on my porch right now.

1 Like

Now Trumpeter will release a long bed FMTV…

You’re welcome. :grin:

As I said above, I received the 3D printed LTAS cab from @MikeyBugs earlier last week. The cab is awesome. It goes together well and only needed a light sanding in a few areas to achieve a smooth finish.

IMG_2410
IMG_2409

I am waiting on a couple more printed parts to finish it up.

Here is the truck mocked up and almost ready for paint. I completed the outside of the shelter with a couple stowage bins on both sides, the extendable antenna on the right side, and some resin cast steps and cover plates/access points. I also added the heater and a wire coil holder on the front under the A/C units. I added grab handles to the bed sides, a work platform, and chains to hold the tailgate. The new-style bumper is from the Legend M1078 update set.

IMG_2408
IMG_2407

More to come once I get the final 3D printed parts.

11 Likes

Hey Sir where did you get the flip steps on the side and the other items. Thanks

1 Like

@HeavyArty any chance you’ll do a diorama of a private doing PMCS of a vehicle falling apart and call it no faults found :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Thanks gents. Yeah, that would be typical lazy Private activity. The old Motor Sgt would set him straight though.

I copied the steps and other panels on the exterior from various kit parts. I made rubber molds of them and then cast them in resin. The steps came from the Panda M109A7 kit. It has two extra steps in it, so I used them as masters. The other pieces were all from the same panels I used for inside the shelter, just cut apart and added as extra details.

2 Likes

Hi Gino,

Great built! A lot of interesting conversions. Can you maybe go into more detail about the LTAS cab later. I would be very interested in that and read your opinion on it.

Thanks!

Andreas

1 Like

Thanks gents. I am liking the way they are all turning out.

The cab is very nice. It comes in about 10 major parts and a few other smaller ones. All the LTAS specific parts are there. You still add a few parts from the kit; steering column and wheel, gas and brake pedals, mirrors, windshield wipers, etc… I had no issues so far with it going together. The printing is exquisite and looks great. Like I said, it only needed sanding in a couple areas to smooth it all out. I highly recommend it.

Thanks very much!

If you have time, maybe you can upload some more detail photos.

Thank you.

Andreas

Once I get the rest of the 3D printed parts, I will do that.

Thank you Gino! That will make my decision easier!

Would be great if Trumpeter made the whole FMTV and LMTV truck family

1 Like

It would be nice, but with a little kit-bashing and some styrene, you can build just about all of them. The Trumpeter kits are great starting points and the L/FMTV series is easy to convert since they are all modular and use the same parts.

1 Like

As promised.

Here it is. The fenders and front steps come as separate pieces. They are already installed here.
IMG_2420
IMG_2419

These are the detailed wire rope steps that I will attach later so they are not broken off. They have a small bolt underneath and look really nice.
IMG_2421

The cab itself. The interior has soundproofing details and supports for the gun ring. I added the PE sun visors from the FMTV kit. The grill part is a separate piece.
IMG_2427
IMG_2425
IMG_2426

A very detailed dash board.
IMG_2424

Doors detailed in and out. It also includes small parts for the door handles and prop rods, etc.
IMG_2423
IMG_2428

The seats are very nice and have fine fabric details and open pipe base supports.
IMG_2422

Lastly, there are 3D printed window glass. These are the weakest part of the set. They are very thick and not very clear. I plan on using them as templates to cut new windows from clear sheet styrene.
IMG_2429

Now back to the truck build…

4 Likes

Thank you Gino!
Now I can think about whether I should get the set until my next visit to the USA. But I hear you’re happy with it so far.

Andreas

1 Like

Every thing looks great.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

Thanks gents. I was able to get some paint on the cab interior and started detailing it. More pics soon.

1 Like

Got the cab interior painted and detailed.

It was painted NATO green overall. I drybrushed the soundproofing on the ceiling and walls with OD. The seats are also OD.

IMG_2432
IMG_2433

I detailed the dash with instrument decals from a 1/32 aircraft instruments set (larger ones) and some from a Jeep set (small ones). The rest of the detailing is hand painted and a few decals.

IMG_2434
IMG_2435

The door interiors detailed as well, with a placard on the driver’s door.
IMG_2436

Next up is some weathering and closing it up.

10 Likes