M1085 PATRIOT ECS Truck - PATRIOT PAC-3 Battery Vehicle Build #3

Looks really good, nicely done!

1 Like

Thanks Andreas.

2 Likes

Looking good Gino :+1:

1 Like

Thanks James. It is coming along. I plan to lay the sand paint on it Sat.

1 Like

I got some paint and the decals on it over the last few days. I sprayed it with Krylon Ivory Silk from a can. I used the kit basic stencil decals and made bumper numbers and some of the other stencils specific to the vehicle.

I replaced the standard M1083 tires with newer, more aggressive Goodyear tires out of the Trumpeter M142 HIMARS kit. The M142 kit only has 6 tires, no spare. I made the spare by correcting the kit spare wheel, which is missing the outer ring of bolts which hold the two-part rim together. It is also missing the CTIS hoses. I added the bolts from resin ones and the CTIS from extras out of the M142 kit. I added the rim to the new Goodyear tire and made a mold of it, then cast the spare in resin. It came out looking pretty good.

This is how I did the spare on an earlier M1078.

New spare. I also added an engine blank that can be seen from the rear of the cab overhang.
IMG_2447
IMG_2448

Here it is so far.

IMG_2440
IMG_2441
IMG_2445
IMG_2446

Next up is detail painting and flatcoat, then on to weathering.

7 Likes

Looks great so far Gino!

1 Like

Outstanding work with this, and for a great cause. The detailing is very inspirational for others who want to achieve results like this and is a real pleasure to watch as it all comes togetherā€¦hats off to a great build :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks gents. I like how it is coming along.

1 Like

Indeed, looks really amazing.
Is it deceptive or do you see traces of the 3D printed cab after painting?

Yes, in the blown-up pics, you can see some fine lines from printing. With the naked eye, they are not visible.

1 Like

Iā€™m calling this one done.

I painted all the little details (lights, turn signals, etcā€¦). I added the windows from clear styrene sheet using the printed window parts as a guide to cut them to the same size/shape.

I weathered it with a couple washes of a dirt brown color and a sandy color. Then some selective drybrushing here and there to add some depth.

Here it is overall.
IMG_2449
IMG_2450
IMG_2451
IMG_2453
IMG_2455
IMG_2452
IMG_2454
IMG_2458

Some detail pics. I added bags and stowage under the AC units up front. I used Tamiya Smoke Clear for fuel and hydraulic fluid spills.
IMG_2460
IMG_2464
IMG_2465

Inside the shelter I added a few water and MRE boxes and a couple bags.
IMG_2456

Details of the cab interior.
IMG_2462
IMG_2463
IMG_2461

As always, all comments welcomed.

Now back the M983A4 HEMTT Tractor.

10 Likes

Great work Gino :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Great work, Gino!

1 Like

Wow Gino that thing looks excellent. Inside and out, fantastic job.

1 Like

Hi Gino.

Really great work! Thanks for sharing.

Andreas

1 Like

Thank you gentlemen. It was a fun build and I really like how it came out. The 3D printed LTAS cab is a gem. Kudos to @MikeyBugs for designing and printing it. I may have to get another one for a future build.

2 Likes

Nice work Sir, I guess trumpeter will make one now that you have made this, lolā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Joey. It was a fun and rewarding build.

1 Like

Beautiful work Gino. You surely have some skills!

1 Like

My hatā€™s off for this scratchbuild work. Iā€™m not interresting by the subject but i likes the work!!!

1 Like